Ben Affleck is Batman

Started by BatmAngelus, Fri, 23 Aug 2013, 01:21

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Catwoman on Fri, 23 Aug  2013, 13:14
after that i'm even less likely to give him a chance.
How come Catwoman?  I think Edd made a good point.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Fri, 23 Aug  2013, 13:27

because it was stupid and made me gag. i hate when people take my fave songs and f*** with the lyrics.

Quote from: Catwoman on Fri, 23 Aug  2013, 13:39

because it was stupid and made me gag. i hate when people take my fave songs and f*** with the lyrics.
What song was this Catwoman?  Apparently, I'm not familiar with it.

James (1989Batmancom) did the Keaton meme

I'm not terribly excited by the news, nor am I turned off.  There's something about his eyes that---I don't know, I just don't see him putting on a batsuit.  I can buy Keaton doing it, Kilmer doing it, Clooney doing it (for Kilmer and Clooney, just not in the movies they wound up in), and even though I really didn't care for his voice I could see Bale doing it.  There has to be something a little 'off' about Bruce/Batman, and I don't see it in any of Affleck's performances or in his aesthetic.

That said, he's a capable actor--he's grown quite a bit in the last 10 years.  As a director and producer he has had a remarkable career/turn around.  This *could* work...but, I don't know.  When I think Batman he just doesn't come to mind for me.  Maybe it's a personal bias about the character. 

Quote from: Paul (ral) on Fri, 23 Aug  2013, 14:44
James (1989Batmancom) did the Keaton meme

play it again lex. they don't show up.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Fri, 23 Aug  2013, 14:31
Quote from: Catwoman on Fri, 23 Aug  2013, 13:39

What song was this Catwoman?  Apparently, I'm not familiar with it.

It was Give Peace a Chance by The Plastic Ono Band (John Lennon). I made a spoof because I love the song and I want to give Ben a chance.  :)

I'm pleased to see that the reaction to the casting news has been pretty measured as far as this site goes.  Even the detractors don't seem to be emitting steam from their ears.  Contrast that with some of the nonsense on Twitter and other forums where 'fans' are already starting petitions... ::)

I wonder if Ben Affleck will be his generation's Michael Keaton when it comes to Batman  :)

Fri, 23 Aug 2013, 17:33 #39 Last Edit: Fri, 23 Aug 2013, 17:35 by SilentEnigma
(let's hope the 2020 reboot turns out great)

Quote from: greggbray on Fri, 23 Aug  2013, 14:58
I'm not terribly excited by the news, nor am I turned off.  There's something about his eyes that---I don't know, I just don't see him putting on a batsuit.  I can buy Keaton doing it, Kilmer doing it, Clooney doing it (for Kilmer and Clooney, just not in the movies they wound up in), and even though I really didn't care for his voice I could see Bale doing it.  There has to be something a little 'off' about Bruce/Batman, and I don't see it in any of Affleck's performances or in his aesthetic.

That said, he's a capable actor--he's grown quite a bit in the last 10 years.  As a director and producer he has had a remarkable career/turn around.  This *could* work...but, I don't know.  When I think Batman he just doesn't come to mind for me.  Maybe it's a personal bias about the character.

This sums it up nicely.