Ben Affleck is Batman

Started by BatmAngelus, Fri, 23 Aug 2013, 01:21

Previous topic - Next topic
All we need now is Matt Damon cast as Lex Luthor.

;D
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I don't know how to feel about this but this news doesn't have me overly excited.

I'll just have to wait and see.
"Bats frighten me. It's time my enemies shared my dread."

Everyone's talking about Bale's Bat, Schumacher's Bat, their Bat, not their Bat. Everyone's talking about Nolan-ism, realism, this ism, that ism, ism ism ism. All we are saying is give Ben a chance! ;D

If Affleck takes the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman as seriously as he did with his portrayal of George Reeves in Hollywoodland, I think I'll be happy. As I recall, I had some genuine reservations about that casting, but upon seeing the film, and once the end credits began to roll, I was pleasantly surprised. I consider it one of the early, excellent movies of his comeback trail. And much like with that film, I'm hoping for nothing but the best with Affleck on this.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

For some reason I'm equating this to Clooney but in a positive way. Imagine the debonair playboy of Clooney but with one hard-ass, grizzled and experienced alter ego. Condescending with a superior attitude towards the younger Superman.

Well didn't see that one coming when I first watched "Armageddon" on VHS with my dad back in 1997! lol

I'm warming up more and more to his casting. I do like Ben Affleck. I'm fully aware he's a comic fan himself. I just worry because of "Daredevil". Personally I enjoy the film but I can't help but feel he was slightly miscast back then. But a decade on perhaps he's gotten much better. This will make watching The Man without Fear's movie quite difficult however in the future now he's also a certain Mr Wayne lol The question is was this truly the best candidate to take over from Christian Bale's Batman??? Bale, like him or not, I thought was excellent although Keaton is always my favorite. Far as I'm concerned he's a tough act to follow. I'm not sure if Affleck was the right man to approach for such a task.

Still I'm delighted we have the new Batman at last. Welcome to the Batman movie universe "A.J Frost/Matt Murdock/weird Angel guy from "Dogma""!

I'm surprised they have continued the trend of going to a "star" to play Batman and not pick an unknown as I believed they would this time. I don't know what your all talking about when you say it'll be just "Affleck in a cape" or like "Clooney in a cape" though. Each actor who has played movie Batman has had an established film career and were all well known before arriving in Gotham City. This is what I think makes the Batman films fairly unique. "Stars" seem to work when being cast as a new Caped Crusader.

Quote from: Cobblepot4Mayor on Fri, 23 Aug  2013, 12:06
Bale, like him or not, I thought was excellent although Keaton is always my favorite. Far as I'm concerned he's a tough act to follow. I'm not sure if Affleck was the right man to approach for such a task.

No disrespect but I strongly disagree. I've seen amateur actors in fan films like City of Scars do a FAR better job than Bale's embarrassing portrayal. I thought Bale only acted well in the Bruce Wayne part in Rises, but then again I thought he had to put more effort since his character was getting beaten up all the time.
But as long as Affleck portrays Bruce/Batman with even a bit of charisma and a menacing demeanor then I'll be convinced and satisfied.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Fri, 23 Aug  2013, 11:07
Everyone's talking about Bale's Bat, Schumacher's Bat, their Bat, not their Bat. Everyone's talking about Nolan-ism, realism, this ism, that ism, ism ism ism. All we are saying is give Ben a chance! ;D

after that i'm even less likely to give him a chance.