The Batsuit and the Batmobile

Started by BatmAngelus, Tue, 13 May 2014, 16:29

Previous topic - Next topic
The wrong elements of the Nolan Franchise have been carried over sadly. I tried photoshopping it to be a bit more batwingy

^See, that already looks better.

That one section in the middle just distracts from the rest of the design and makes it look blocky. I like that you can see some influence carried over from the Batmobile, but it's still a bit divergent from what we're used to.

Agreed. It's a shame that we're getting such a classic comic Batsuit, but his vehicles are still stuck in the last era.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

It would be nice if they like asked the actual Batman fans what kind of look they wanted for his vehicles and equipment. How they looked in the Baleman movies had noting to do with those sheep loving them, if they had been sleek and sexy like the Tim/Joel cars it would have been the all the same to them. Of course now the morons are going to diss anything that doesn't look like a f***ing tank, but it's fine because they don't matter but then it's not fine because those are the morons they use as their basis for what they do and I just hate people right now. Ugh.

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Fri,  1 May  2015, 18:56
The wrong elements of the Nolan Franchise have been carried over sadly. I tried photoshopping it to be a bit more batwingy

This looks much better.

Here are the heroes' costumes and the new Batmobile on display at an expo.

And here is the official synopsis of the film:

QuoteFearing the actions of a god-like super hero left unchecked, Gotham City's own formidable, forceful vigilante takes on Metropolis's most revered, modern-day savior, while the world wrestles with what sort of hero it really needs.  And with Batman and Superman at war with one another, a new threat quickly arises, putting mankind in greater danger than it's ever known before.

Source: http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice/178441/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-news-new-plot-synopsis-and-photos
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Love the costumes. Still not sold on Bat Buggy.

I like the cowl. They seem to have gotten that right. But I'm wishing there was a little more contrast between Batman and Superman in terms of fashion sensibilities. What were the chances they would both have textured suits with no shorts and similar capes? Is there a galactic tailor that services both of them? So there's a bit of designer overkill going on here. The Batmobile is largely a nonevent for me. It looks like a throw away concept from the Nolan films. Another military vehicle Wayne Enterprises made that the Government didn't want. My problem here is both the planes and Batmobile look too much like Nolan's creations. I would have preferred something entirely new with it's own sense of style not reminiscent from another series of movies.

This image was featured in last year's Comic Con, but now it's finally released in High Res.

Below is a video containing concept artwork of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Am I the only one not so thrilled about his exosuit? That's not how I envision Batman.