The Batsuit and the Batmobile

Started by BatmAngelus, Tue, 13 May 2014, 16:29

Previous topic - Next topic

It's only black and white and its not a full shot of the Batmobile, but I like what I see.   8)

Hard to tell, but the cape and cowl look to be a darker color than the rest of the suit and the utility belt seems to be black.  I hope the bat logo is darkened, too, but they may have gone the Batman & Robin/Nolan route where the logo is the same color as the rest of the suit.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

The Batmobile reminds me of the one from 1989, and that's great  :)

Tue, 13 May 2014, 16:48 #2 Last Edit: Tue, 13 May 2014, 17:08 by Gotham Knight
Like the deliberate difference. It's doesn't' immediately draw comparisons unless you go at it to dissect.  Love the cowl, then again, anything looks BA in black and white. Great profile. HOWEVER, the Batmobile...eh. Take the wheels off and it's Star Wars.

Here's a bigger clearer, brightened look: http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/Batman-vs-Superman-Affleck-Costume-First-Image.jpg

I like the suit.  It's my favourite since the 1989 one and shares that one's 'organic' look.  I particularly like the feral-look of the cowl and assuming that's Affleck his arms look really beefed up, which can only be a good thing.

I'm overall impressed.  By the way, has the teased Wonder Woman pic come out yet?  That's the one I'm really looking forward to seeing.  :P
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

how can you tell it is black and white? lol.

idk. looks too tumblery from what i can see. the suit looks cool though.

I must be one of the only people who dont really like the new suit. I think it would be better with a different logo? Also I think Afflecks waaay to big, I understand where they're going in this (since he's fighting superman and all) but I prefer the smaller Batman.

So far, so good. As long as it's an improvement over the Tumbler, we're in business. The windshield design is clearly Furst-inspired.

The Batsuit looks drastically simplified, as it should be. It almost looks like it has... dare I say it, a cloth-like quality to it. Don't get me wrong, Batman in rubber can be done right, but we've never seen a modern take on the traditional outfits. An even bigger plus, the small ears and the oversized bat symbol are clearly representative of The Dark Knight Returns (and Affleck puts forth a believable build). It's never been done before... I'm a fan.

Quote from: Catwoman on Tue, 13 May  2014, 17:51
how can you tell it is black and white? lol.

idk. looks too tumblery from what i can see. the suit looks cool though.

looks like the tumbler but closer to the actual Batmobile. more of the shape of a car vs a tank.

Instantly the cowl is better than the Christian Bale years. Almost going back to the days of both Keaton and Kilmer. Is it just me or does it look as though the mask and cape are once again attached together? So can we soon see the return of the classic movie "bat turn" too?

I have my minor disappointments however. I was hoping the yellow chest oval symbol might return this time (a huge part of why the Keaton suit remains so eye popping on screen). The ears are a slight letdown also. I know a lot of you guys are Frank Miller image fans but I'm a Neal Adams guy lol I wanted them to be the longer, sharper variety we got back in the nineties films. To me they help make Batman much scarier. I've never found them silly as some fans apparently do. The great thing is they look more correct than the daft, teeny-tiny and strangely triangular angled ears that Bale got. The body armour looks very strange. Bandages? Or like he's wrapped in crude black toilet paper almost? Yeah not sure about that one. The chest symbol could have done with a bit more imagination. Like they've just slapped it on and that's your lot.

The important thing however is this doesn't look like a damn robotic, militaristic battlesuit. It looks like, well, a BATsuit again. Notice the cape has a kind of batskin texture in it again like Keaton's. Certainly not the parachute material of Bale.

The Batmobile I'll have to get a better look at just yet. There is a definite hint of the Keaton Batmobile in there which is excellent. However it's still lacking those actual "bat-like features". Enough already with the sodding Miller tanks.