Batman '89 (2021)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Tue, 16 Feb 2021, 21:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Wed,  2 Jun  2021, 13:24

I'm curious what the psychology behind the coin will be. I read Long Halloween for the first time last year. As good as the book is, I was surprised that there wasn't really a reason given for Harvey's obsession with the coin or chance.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Wed, 26 May  2021, 15:54
Aside from the awful blue cowl, I like it.
I'm taking a stab in the dark with a Predator wristblade and saying it's a reflection from the sky. At least that's what I'd like it to be.

Synopsis for issue one:

Gotham becomes torn in two as citizens dressed as Batman and The Joker duke it out in the streets. As D.A. Harvey Dent tries to keep the city together, he targets the one problem tearing it apart: BATMAN! And he'll get Bruce Wayne's help in taking down the Dark Knight!

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu,  3 Jun  2021, 13:24

Synopsis for issue one:

Gotham becomes torn in two as citizens dressed as Batman and The Joker duke it out in the streets. As D.A. Harvey Dent tries to keep the city together, he targets the one problem tearing it apart: BATMAN! And he'll get Bruce Wayne's help in taking down the Dark Knight!
Sooooooo...it's just TDK?

Quote from: Travesty on Thu,  3 Jun  2021, 16:14
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu,  3 Jun  2021, 13:24

Synopsis for issue one:

Sooooooo...it's just TDK?
As much as I love The Dark Knight, I thought they could've gone even further with the whole copy cat Batman idea. I like the idea of there being copy cat Joker's as well.

Definitely getting some Forever fibes with this one. Definitely a final act suit kind of thing. Perhaps some correlation with Flash?

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Fri,  4 Jun  2021, 15:12
Definitely getting some Forever fibes with this one. Definitely a final act suit kind of thing. Perhaps some correlation with Flash?

Definite Forever vibes. Tbh not a fan of the cape and cowl being disconnected on a Keaton Bat-Suit.

Burton continuity is seperate from Schumacher continuity, but I think it's logical to assume the 1990s aesthetic would have been persuasive even if Burton remained director. Taking inspiration from that time period is a good thing because it helps make the product feel more authentic, rather than taking a more contemporary approach.

I think I'm okay with there being other suit vaults. The Batman of B89 and BR was competent but still very much in the early years of his career. It's possible we'll see the batcave modified with different walkways too, which could help demonstrate the passage of time. I want a B89 experience but it shouldn't be about keeping things exactly as they are.