New Trailer Out

Started by Slash Man, Thu, 3 Dec 2015, 05:17

Previous topic - Next topic

What did you think of the new trailer?

Batcave concept art:

It sure beats a basic platform and computer in a bare cave, ala TDK Rises.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun,  6 Mar  2016, 03:28
Batcave concept art:

It sure beats a basic platform and computer in a bare cave, ala TDK Rises.
Honestly, I've preferred the batcave to be more of a cave, so Burton/Shumacher and Nolan batcaves for the win in this area. This just kinda looks like the batpatio.

God bless you! God bless everyone!

There is a cave outside of this area, complete with an underground lake. Bruce has stored his arsenal away from the elements. So we have the best of both worlds.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun,  6 Mar  2016, 23:44
There is a cave outside of this area, complete with an underground lake. Bruce has stored his arsenal away from the elements. So we have the best of both worlds.

That sounds more like half of the best of one world for me personally. It could be stored away and not look like a patio.

God bless you! God bless everyone!

When I first saw that shot in the trailer, I honestly thought it was part of Wayne Manor or Wayne Enterprises, more than the Batcave. Shots of Bruce looking at the Batsuit and the Robin suit all felt more like he was in an office building than the Batcave. It feels more like the Bat bunker under the Wayne Tower in the 1970s to me, but I'll wait to see more of how it looks in the film.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

It's clearly a cave.

And based on the concept arts, that's a swanky, hi-tech patio...

Quote from: BatmAngelus on Mon,  7 Mar  2016, 01:24It feels more like the Bat bunker under the Wayne Tower in the 1970s to me, but I'll wait to see more of how it looks in the film.

I got the Bat-bunker vibe too. The overall impression is of a man-made facility built within the natural hollow of a cave. It's an interesting new take on the concept and one that reflects the advanced stage of this Batman's career. It probably started out simple in the early years before evolving into the more advanced hideout we see here, with Batman adding more man-made components as time went by.

One detail I like is the presence of water. In the comics there's meant to be an underground river by which the Batboat can be launched. Schumacher and Nolan got that detail right, but it was missing from Burton's cave.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon,  7 Mar  2016, 01:29
It's clearly a cave.

And based on the concept arts, that's a swanky, hi-tech patio...

Kitty likey. Kitty must test security.

Quote from: THE BAT-MAN on Mon, 29 Feb  2016, 22:36
Check this out.

Ok Jimmy Kimmel makes me ill but that was freaking hilarious.

I read the Cross Fire story recently. Not a bad read for a children's book.

Basically, a young boy's mother goes missing after the Metropolis attack, and he decides to keep it a secret after other orphans are being relocated and rehoused. His crazed uncle escapes Arkham Asylum, and arrives at his house one day under the guise of assisting the search for his mother. Though the boy is unaware of his uncle's recent past.

Uncle Aesop is a bitter Wayne Enterprises employee who wants revenge on Bruce Wayne. The young boy created a drone during a school project, and Aesop asks the boy to break into Wayne Enterprises to steal a AI chip. This is all under the false pretence the drone chip will assist in the search for his mother.

However, as the story develops, we see Aesop has developed an army of drones which he plans to unleash on Metropolis and Gotham. During the course of the story, Clark Kent interviews Aesop and finds something off about him. He later returns to save the boy and his mother, who was being held hostage in a warehouse. Batman had arrived at the scene too, and deals with Aesop, dragging him away back to Arkham, and destroys all the drones. Batman and Superman don't meet.

Clark and Lois write a story, which Bruce reads, about how Superman saved a mother and son, which Bruce finds slightly annoying, but Alfred tells him not to worry about it. All in all, not a bad little story. There's some details which I'll add in my Batfleck/BvS review and analysis.