New Trailer Out

Started by Slash Man, Thu, 3 Dec 2015, 05:17

Previous topic - Next topic

What did you think of the new trailer?

Thu, 3 Dec 2015, 05:17 Last Edit: Fri, 4 Dec 2015, 00:07 by Paul (ral)

Was I not paying attention, or did this come from out of nowhere? Anyways, this is a great look at the action, as well as the men behind the masks. We see more than a glimpse of the Robin suit, as well as a direct mention of the Joker. We also hear Affleck's normal Bat-voice at the end. Which sounds great; a little gruffer and angrier than his normal voice. Nothing too drastic.

This may only be my opinion, but Wonder Woman may be a little too much. Batman vs. Superman alone is enough for a feature film, plus we're dealing with Lex as well. It's already getting a little busy here. On the other hand, this may be the first Batman film in a long time that only has one villain (not going to count Superman).

Anyways, it's great that we see that Bruce and Clark will be interacting as well, and not just as superheroes. Based on the trailer, I'd love to see more.

I agree on everything, this looks very good to me and an unexpected treat, but I think Wonder Woman would've been better if they had her movie first, like they did with Superman with "MoS". And I don't know how Lex is going to be a great villain in this since he needs some introduction and is up against not one but multiple heroes.

I hope they'll prove me wrong and the movie's going to rock.  :)

That trailer felt like a Marvel movie...which to me, isn't necessarily a bad thing.

I'm still on the fence over Affleck's Batman voice.

For all the talk about how cheesy Gene Hackman's Lex was, Eisenberg's Lex looks looks just as goofy from what I've seen so far.

So, the worst kept secret is Doomsday is in the movie after all. His face kinda looks like Jeff Goldblum transforming into Brundlefly.

Still keen on seeing this.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

This may only be my opinion, but Wonder Woman may be a little too much. Batman vs. Superman alone is enough for a feature film, plus we're dealing with Lex as well. It's already getting a little busy here. On the other hand, this may be the first Batman film in a long time that only has one villain (not going to count Superman).
Doesn't Doomsday count as a villain?

Anyway, I still can't get over nerdy laughing boy Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor.  This is still going to be a major sticking point for me.  Each time I see more footage of him or read more about his interpretation of the character it seems worse.

The DCEU can't afford another sub-par film after MOS, and unfortunately I have next to zero faith in Zack Snyder, and even less faith in David Goyer.

Thank goodness for Captain America: Civil War and Doctor Strange next year.  :)
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Why was Man of Steel sub-par, johnnygobbs? I never got that, sorry, I liked it.  :)

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Thu,  3 Dec  2015, 10:21
Why was Man of Steel sub-par, johnnygobbs? I never got that, sorry, I liked it.  :)
I suppose I've been spoiled by the MCU, not to mention past DC gems like the Burton Batman films, the first two Christopher Reeve movies, and TDK trilogy.

There were some good things in MOS but for a franchise-opener it fell well short of 1978's Superman, 1989's Batman, 2002's Spider-Man, 2005's Batman Begins, and certainly 2008's Iron Man, with the ridiculous death of Jonathan Kent, a overlong and ultimately tiresome fight through Metropolis, and the almost complete absence of any humour or colour.  It just isn't a great foundation to build a cinematic universe IMHO.

I never tried to compare it to other Superman or origin films, I saw no point in that. And I enjoyed the film. So maybe it wasn't what you and many others wanted to see, but for me it worked well.

Nice trailer for the most part. Lot's of stuff going on, and it did an effective enough job in displaying the obvious animosity between Supes and Bats right off. In some ways, particular scenes and especially the opening dialogue between Clark and Bruce at Lex's party, reminds me of how John Byrne handled the first meeting between Supes/Bats in the DCU post-Crisis on Infinite Earths, where there was a apparent distrust between the two, while outlining the two heroes different methods, and personal viewpoints on the criminal element. Thus, establishing a different tone in their relationship towards one another, that was in stark contrast to what was put forward in the Pre-Crisis DCU, or what casual fans would assume it to be.

Oh, and the Wonder Woman bit was aces.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Thu,  3 Dec  2015, 08:46
For all the talk about how cheesy Gene Hackman's Lex was, Eisenberg's Lex looks looks just as goofy from what I've seen so far.

Agreed. The more I see, the more I wish Eisenberg was instead playing, say, Ultra-Humanite.  ;)

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I see that a lot of people agree with me about how absolutely awful Jesse Eisenberg seems to be as Luthor (we all saw it coming, folks), so it surprises me that so many of you are so complacent about one of the most fundamental characters of the DC Universe is being presented as a geeky, awkward, anti-social, possibly autistic, nerd with a fright-wing.  This is not, and never will be, Lex Luthor, and WB has really dropped the ball with this significant character.  It's such a sticking point for me I don't see how the film can possibly recover.

I won't be seeing this at the cinema, because like the ill-fated Fant4stic Four film, I really hope this fails as it might increase the possibility of an early reboot, preferably one that retains Ben Affleck and allows him to start the franchise from scratch without Zack Snyder or David Goyer coming within 500 yards of the set.

Loved every minute of the trailer! I think we're in for a treat come March 2016. You see, we haven't seen anything yet, Roven said that there could possibly be a cut of the film that could be close to four hours!! Four hours people!

It truly is the Dawn of Justice (League)

;D