New Trailer Out

Started by Slash Man, Thu, 3 Dec 2015, 05:17

Previous topic - Next topic

What did you think of the new trailer?

The rivalry's heating up.

Thu, 10 Mar 2016, 12:56 #321 Last Edit: Thu, 10 Mar 2016, 12:59 by Catwoman
Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Thu, 10 Mar  2016, 00:02

lol that was good. Jesse Eisenberg is growing on me.

As I suspected, early reactions are saying EisenLex is an evil SOB people will hate.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 10 Mar  2016, 13:22
As I suspected, early reactions are saying EisenLex is an evil SOB people will hate.
This bothers me.  The best villains are usually those that have an element of pathos.  If they'd made Lex a working-class self-made man, or a charismatic type rather than a sneering nerd, it might make him a more appealing villain.  If he's just going to be an ultra-evil rich kid, I'm not interested I'm afraid.  :-\
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Being an evil villain doesn't have to equal one note characterisation. If they tap into comic book Lex, his beliefs and viewpoints about humanity taking ownership of its own fate, then I don't think there's an issue.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 10 Mar  2016, 23:26
Being an evil villain doesn't have to equal one note characterisation. If they tap into comic book Lex, his beliefs and viewpoints about humanity taking ownership of its own fate, then I don't think there's an issue.
Perhaps.  I'd just prefer if the rumour about young Lex being a clone of his 'father' turned out to be true.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Thu, 10 Mar  2016, 00:02

With a little practice, Eisenberg could audition to be the spokesman for a new line of Micro Machines.  :(

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Thu, 10 Mar  2016, 21:40
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 10 Mar  2016, 13:22
This bothers me.  The best villains are usually those that have an element of pathos.  If they'd made Lex a working-class self-made man, or a charismatic type rather than a sneering nerd, it might make him a more appealing villain.  If he's just going to be an ultra-evil rich kid, I'm not interested I'm afraid.  :-\

Are these reactions from people seeing the trailers or someone who has actually seen the movie? I would think (and hope) the studio is showing this to people now. The critics should be next.