New Trailer Out

Started by Slash Man, Thu, 3 Dec 2015, 05:17

Previous topic - Next topic

What did you think of the new trailer?

It's ok I guess.

The RC car sound of the Bat-buggy though.....ugh. Why can't we go back to Batmobile that looked and sounded cool. Damn you whoever came up with the freaking Tumbler.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 10 Jan  2016, 06:33
I think it's an improvement. At least it allows Affleck to speak in an even tone without having the growl reaching ridiculous levels.

What are the odds that Affleck will growl in some scenes? I hope not. It wasn't intimidating the last three times we saw Batman in live action.

Quote from: Catwoman on Sun, 10 Jan  2016, 08:56
It's ok I guess.

The RC car sound of the Bat-buggy though.....ugh. Why can't we go back to Batmobile that looked and sounded cool. Damn you whoever came up with the freaking Tumbler.

I thought the new Batmobile was growing on you? I'm still rather indifferent to it. Don't hate it, nor like it.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

It was until I heard it sounds like a freaking RC car.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sun, 10 Jan  2016, 09:41
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 10 Jan  2016, 06:33
I think it's an improvement. At least it allows Affleck to speak in an even tone without having the growl reaching ridiculous levels.

What are the odds that Affleck will growl in some scenes? I hope not. It wasn't intimidating the last three times we saw Batman in live action.
We kind of hear his angry voice when he says "that SOB brought the war to us." To my ears it's a mix of Keaton and Bale. On the whispery side but modulated to sound more aggressive.

As for the vehicle's engine, it's not my favourite, but it's okay. Perhaps the 'wind up toy' sound is deliberate? That the car has been around for a long time. It has seen and done a lot and is barely holding together. An old war horse that keeps on keeping on. I could get on board with that.

I think the voice is alright. I'm not in love with it, but I don't hate it, either. I still think Conroy has the best, while Keaton has the best live action voice. But I much prefer this to Bale's. With this, it's purposefully modulated like in Arrow. So we know that there's a gadget working to make that sound. With Bale's, not only was he straining his voice, but his voice was modulated, even though we're not supposed to think it's modulated, even though it is. And it sounded like sh*t, on top of it. So with Affleck's voice, it's not bad. I'm definitely not rolling my eyes with how laughably bad it is compared to Bale's.

As far as the Batmoible goes, I like it a lot. I like the overall design, and think it looks good in motion.

The voice is not terrible, but I was hoping for more Keaton and Conroy and less Bale in it.

The Batmobile is again better than the last, but not as good as the classics.

However I feel Affleck can really play Batman, those elements aside.

Here's a video of the new Batvoice, and it's all isolated. I gotta say, the more I hear it, the more I like it. But again, I still prefer a natural voice like Conroy or Keaton, but this is growing on me.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 10 Jan  2016, 17:26

As for the vehicle's engine, it's not my favourite, but it's okay. Perhaps the 'wind up toy' sound is deliberate? That the car has been around for a long time. It has seen and done a lot and is barely holding together. An old war horse that keeps on keeping on. I could get on board with that.

It looks a bit newer than that, and if it sounded like a wind-up toy because of being old and worn out I would think Alfred would have pushed it off one of the Batcave cliffs by now and whistled when Bruce walked by. Besides, my experience with older cars is they still keep their rumbling sound as long as they're taken care of. This is Batman, not some moron who doesn't know the first thing about a car and drives it until it stops one day without maintenance. He would keep his equipment in order, especially his car. It just sounds ridiculously...weak.

The look of it is ok I guess. Yes it looks "cool" I suppose but to me a Batmobile is supposed to be like a vehicle metaphor for the Bat himself. An ordinary man packing a TON of gadgets and power and know how and made to look like a Bat. To me, the car should be an actual car that carries a lot of gadgets, technology, and so forth and is given the Bat look. Something like what, oh, maybe George Barris or Anton Furst would have come up with.

And I know I'm really nitpicking cause it's JUST a car but the Batmobile is a VERY important part of the Bat mythos to this high-octane Kitty. lol. Looks like this one gets destroyed anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Mon, 11 Jan 2016, 17:27 #178 Last Edit: Mon, 11 Jan 2016, 17:29 by The Dark Knight
It doesn't get destroyed, but damaged and repaired by all accounts.

You say the car is a metaphor to Batman himself, and I'm sticking to my 'old soldier' theory. By all accounts that's what Affleck's Batman is. An old soldier. The car looks on the newer side but I'm assuming they're using artistic licence with the engine's sound to convey that very vibe. Just as Affleck's Batman suit gives the appearance of perfection, but underneath he's living on the edge of burnout, and not as perfect as you think.

Mon, 11 Jan 2016, 21:20 #179 Last Edit: Mon, 11 Jan 2016, 21:42 by Catwoman
If they are trying to convey worn out they missed the mark. I wouldn't drive the 2 miles to the grocery store in something that sounded like that, much less fight crime lol.