New Trailer Out

Started by Slash Man, Thu, 3 Dec 2015, 05:17

Previous topic - Next topic

What did you think of the new trailer?

And I was put off by the makeup in Ledger too. Definitely not a fan of that visually.

The thing about Ledger's portrayal, is that, evidently, it was a performance that really mesmerized alot of people to which his performance still draws no end of praise from fans who are very, very infatuated with Ledger's interpretation of the Joker as well as the film itself. In that, Ledger did his job marvelously. I do recall reading some interview with Ledger shortly upon accepting the role, and his stating something to the effect of doing something different with the character, cause attempting to follow-up on Jack's performance as the Joker would be an automatic fail on Ledger...

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Sun, 13 Dec  2015, 15:09

The thing about Ledger's portrayal, is that, evidently, it was a performance that really mesmerized alot of people to which his performance still draws no end of praise from fans who are very, very infatuated with Ledger's interpretation of the Joker as well as the film itself. In that, Ledger did his job marvelously. I do recall reading some interview with Ledger shortly upon accepting the role, and his stating something to the effect of doing something different with the character, cause attempting to follow-up on Jack's performance as the Joker would be an automatic fail on Ledger...

That is true, when it comes to preference, everyone has reasons, that are mostly subjective, and nothing wrong with that.   :)  Not every discussion has to be a debate of sorts.

With all the references made to the Joker in these trailers, I would honestly be a little surprised if he doesn't appear in a cameo during the film.

Meanwhile, here are three new character posters for the good guys.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/12/16/batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-characters-posters-revealed
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Gal and Henry look great on the poster. Batman looks like Robocop+Iron Man.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Thu, 17 Dec  2015, 09:15
Gal and Henry look great on the poster.

I was going to say the exact same thing lol.

;)

Quote from: Catwoman on Thu, 17 Dec  2015, 09:33
Quote from: Edd Grayson on Thu, 17 Dec  2015, 09:15
Gal and Henry look great on the poster.

I was going to say the exact same thing lol.

;)

That's not surprising, love.  :-*

This is what Ben Affleck said of Batman's personality in this interview.

Quote"He lives that life at full tilt," Affleck said. "He courts many women, owns many cars, and parties a lot. He does that as a way to fill the void in his soul. Moreover, past incarnations dealt with a straightforward search for justice. This time, Batman's reasoning is clouded by frustration, bitterness and anger."

Affleck also spoke to the character's superhero side and how his take differs from Nolan's trilogy, assuring fans the new Batman remains true to the comics. "Christopher Nolan used his Batman to tell a finite story. My version is different, but remains faithful to the Batman mythology and all the themes associated with it," he explained.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/12/19/batman-v-superman-ben-afflecks-bruce-wayne-has-a-void-in-his-soul

So, it sounds like we will be seeing even more of Bruce's playboy persona than ever before, perhaps initially to move on from his troubled life as Batman. My guess is he had been dedicated in his crusade for so long that he decides to enjoy his billionaire lifestyle for once...until the whole Superman ordeal comes along. This only fuels speculation that Bruce had retired up till this point, I reckon.

Meanwhile, Henry Cavill says that his Clark Kent will be rather quiet and more nondescript than Christopher Reeve's disguise.

QuoteMy Clark Kent is trying to be as small and invisible as possible. If you're awkward and spilling things constantly, people are going to notice you, and that's not the best way to go unseen. You have to admit, it's not a remarkable disguise, just a pair of glasses. He'd like to think that no one will believe he could be Superman. How could such a delicate flower be a living god? Preposterous.

Source: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/How-Henry-Cavill-Improved-Christopher-Reeves-Clark-Kent-According-Henry-Cavill-100877.html
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei