New Trailer Out

Started by Slash Man, Thu, 3 Dec 2015, 05:17

Previous topic - Next topic

What did you think of the new trailer?

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed,  9 Dec  2015, 08:17
I'm liking the voice. I prefer it to Bale's in any case.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Wed,  9 Dec  2015, 04:36
And I think Ben Affleck and Gal Gadot and Henry Cavill will do great as our heroes.
I'm sold on Affleck and Cavill. I'm not sure about Gadot yet. I'll have to see more.

Gadot in the trailers looked very good for me, and while I wasn't sure of her casting at first, while I was open to Ben Affleck's and I liked MoS and Cavill, I'm on board for all three.

There's no concern about her looks - more so her acting. We haven't seen her say anything in the trailers yet.

True. But I am less concerned about her acting in this film, since she won't be exactly the main character until her solo film.

Time will tell.

She definitely looks the part so far. Like Edd said, her acting won't be a huge issue til her movie unless she's just....bad. lol

Gotta give some love to my man Jeremy Irons as Alfred. I'd like to actually give him some.... ;)

I'll have to get used to the Batman voice. It's still better than Bale's (and hell, probably would've made more sense in that trilogy), but I'll always prefer the Keaton/Kilmer approach.

Might just be me but Affleck's Wayne seems to be channeling a bit of mumbling Josh Brolin here.

Eisenberg seems way more hammy here than in the previous trailer. Odd acting choices in the scene where he interrupts Clark and Bruce.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

I think it's still too premature to judge Affleck's Batman voice. The line where he says "It's time to learn what it means to be a man" sounds modulated and it's likely because he's wearing the armored suit during the fight against Superman. The way he spoke in that other line about Wonder Woman sounds more natural, but again, none of these are enough to tell if his voice will sound acceptable or not.

I may not be convinced by Eisenberg's Lex yet, but I smirked when he said "That's a three syllable word for any thought too big for little minds" as soon as Lois called him psychotic, and then he condescendingly patted her forehead with a fingertip.  :D
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Thu, 10 Dec  2015, 09:10

I may not be convinced by Eisenberg's Lex yet, but I smirked when he said "That's a three syllable word for any thought too big for little minds" as soon as Lois called him psychotic, and then he condescendingly patted her forehead with a fingertip.  :D

I actually did like that part.

Quote from: Catwoman on Thu, 10 Dec  2015, 12:27

Yeah, so he may not be the ruthless Lex from the DCAU, but he shows signs of being the evil genius. I hope they know what they're doing with him, even if I still dislike that Jesse guy.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Thu, 10 Dec  2015, 15:05

Yeah, so he may not be the ruthless Lex from the DCAU, but he shows signs of being the evil genius. I hope they know what they're doing with him, even if I still dislike that Jesse guy.

I get that he rubbed people the wrong way with those unfluttering comments he made about Comic Con, but there have been other actors who have made negative comments about the genre they starred in. Alec Guinness thought Star Wars was crappy sci-fi and even Heath Ledger expressed his distaste for superhero movies when he was cast as the Joker. But as long as the performance is good, nobody cares...right? :/
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Fri, 11 Dec  2015, 07:33
Quote from: Edd Grayson on Thu, 10 Dec  2015, 15:05

I get that he rubbed people the wrong way with those unfluttering comments he made about Comic Con, but there have been other actors who have made negative comments about the genre they starred in. Alec Guinness thought Star Wars was crappy sci-fi and even Heath Ledger expressed his distaste for superhero movies when he was cast as the Joker. But as long as the performance is good, nobody cares...right? :/

I care.  :) But yeah, if the performance is good, like Guiness, I've nothing against the actor in the role. Ledger on the other hand, I respect him and his work, but he was not my Joker.