New Trailer Out

Started by Slash Man, Thu, 3 Dec 2015, 05:17

Previous topic - Next topic

What did you think of the new trailer?

Quote from: Catwoman on Tue,  8 Dec  2015, 08:31
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue,  8 Dec  2015, 04:08
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Mon,  7 Dec  2015, 17:18
Also, Donald Trump's recent proposal for a Muslim Register is exactly like something an arch-comic-book villain would come up with.
You're trying to bait me, right?

I think that's pretty obvious.
Indeed. I'll refrain from playing along. Because if I stated my honestly held belief here, unfiltered, you'd have people whinging and complaining to the point of meltdown.

In that case we should probably drop the whole Lex Luthor topic altogether because I find it impossible to discuss Luthor without addressing the elephant in the room, which is the parallels between Luthor running for President, my favourite version of the character, and certain Presidential hopefuls.

And if we are to drop discussing Luthor I suppose that makes discussing Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice redundant too.

Fine with me.  I think the film looks rubbish anyway.

But if we are going to censor what people can and can't say about Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice it arguably makes the entire topic pointless to begin with.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

It is your slant that Trump's proposal for a register on Muslims and a ban on their entry into the US is vile and the act of a villain. I'll argue the exact opposite and you'll lose the plot, PM Ral, demand the thread be shut down and that I be banned straight away. We've seen this behaviour from you before, so again, I'm not getting into this debate.

I mean, look at you right now. The toys are already out of the pram and I haven't even fired a shot. This version of Lex is not running for President, anyway.

I can see where you're going with the X-Men, Johnny, but you should have said that, because I don't see many similarities between Trump and someone like Lex Luthor. I think Trump is more like Senator Kelly, who became President in the animated series, and who wasn't all bad.

I would like to see this Lex get into politics at some stage, though. It will largely depend on how BvS ends.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue,  8 Dec  2015, 11:06
It is your slant that Trump's proposal for a register on Muslims and a ban on their entry into the US is vile and the act of a villain. I'll argue the exact opposite and you'll lose the plot, PM Ral, demand the thread be shut down and that I be banned straight away. We've seen this behaviour from you before, so again, I'm not getting into this debate.

I mean, look at you right now. The toys are already out of the pram and I haven't even fired a shot. This version of Lex is not running for President, anyway.
I didn't say it was the act of a villain.

But although I realise we're not allowed to discuss politics on this site, bear in mind one very important thing.

For all you, and certain other posters know, there could be Muslims who are members of this site.  Likewise, any hate speech of any type, whether it discriminates against Muslims, Christians, Jews, Latinos, Asians, gays, straights, women, men, the disabled, black or white people, has the potential to make some posters here very uncomfortable, possibly because of their own identity.

That's all I have to say on the subject but please bear in mind that anything you or I, or any other poster here for that matter, may have the consequence of discriminating against and making certain minority posters feel alienated.  And this site should be a welcome forum for all posters, no matter what their identity.

I'm sorry but I'm getting confused here: is this thread supposed to be about the upcoming Batman v Superman movie, or about politics?
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue,  8 Dec  2015, 11:09
I would like to see this Lex get into politics at some stage, though. It will largely depend on how BvS ends.
No way would anyone would ever vote for a geeky, nerdy, cackling, Zuckerberg-like Lex Luthor like this one.  Never.  As soon as Jesse 'Comic Con equals genocide' Eisenberg was cast, that potential narrative was thrown completely out of the window.

If you want to see a credible story in which Lex vies for President you better start hoping for a swift reboot.

Even in the movie universe, I could not see a guy like that running for President. But, if they make him go crazier and more ruthless, just maybe... I'm willing to watch the film open-minded and judge EisenLex properly then.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Tue,  8 Dec  2015, 11:17
Even in the movie universe, I could not see a guy like that running for President. But, if they make him go crazier and more ruthless, just maybe... I'm willing to watch the film open-minded and judge EisenLex properly then.
I'll reply to you, Edd.

I said at some stage. The mentality of reboots in the comic book genre is simplistic and unimaginative.  It's clear Eisenberg's Lex is green at the moment. But he's surely capable of character growth. He could 'grow up' and become more of that Lex people seem to crave. I think the end of BvS will be key going forward. If his name is mud, or if he manages to spin his way out of things.