New Trailer Out

Started by Slash Man, Thu, 3 Dec 2015, 05:17

Previous topic - Next topic

What did you think of the new trailer?

Quote from: Grissom on Thu,  3 Dec  2015, 15:34
Loved every minute of the trailer! I think we're in for a treat come March 2016. You see, we haven't seen anything yet, Roven said that there could possibly be a cut of the film that could be close to four hours!! Four hours people!

It truly is the Dawn of Justice (League)

;D
Yeah and two hours of that will probably consist of Batman and Superman pummelling one another and destroying half of Metropolis in the process... :-X
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Johnny, I'm sorry, but you're just too pessimistic about the movie.

Love the trailer, love even more that we're less than 4 months away. I thought the movie was coming out May 25th since all movies like this seem to have a May or June open and it's March 25th. Totally stoked.

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Thu,  3 Dec  2015, 22:03
Johnny, I'm sorry, but you're just too pessimistic about the movie.
Sorry Edd, but I'm just being honest.  If it helps, I do like what I've seen of Ben Affleck as Batman/Bruce Wayne, and I look forward to the solo Batman movies, especially if they don't feature Jesse Eisenberg's Lex Luthor.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Thu, 3 Dec 2015, 23:02 #14 Last Edit: Thu, 3 Dec 2015, 23:09 by Edd Grayson
I'm sorry too Gobbs, but I disagree with you, and I am also honest.  :)

Catwoman, that's the way, in fact, I'd like you to handle the promotion of the movie. it's an important job, I need... someone I can trust...  ;)

And I don't even have a girlfriend, or named Alicia, just in case.

I added a poll - a bat-poll.....

Thank you, Paul.

To the Bat-poll!  :)

I've largely avoided news about this film, so the trailers are all I've got to go on.

I remain, and am likely to remain, completely put off by Snyder's sense of aesthetics. This is one of the most unattractive looking movies I've seen in a while, and I don't consider that a minor nitpick, especially not in a film like this.

With Doomsday and dead Zod now revealed as part of the mix, I'd have to say I'm a bit nervous about overcrowding in this film (well, more nervous - I thought that might be a problem the minute I found out Wonder Woman was gonna pop up). Not thrilled with the way the Bat/Supes conflict seems likely to go down either. Tonally, every trailer so far has given me the impression that this is shaping up to be as serious and weighted as MoS, but with an (unnecessary) sense of self-awareness and self-importance when it comes to the "Supes is JESUS!!!" angle.

No real opinion yet on Eisenberg as Luthor, Affleck as Bats, or Gadot as Diana. And my impressions from (all three) trailers could be completely wrong. But I won't be lining up opening day, let's put it that way.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Thu,  3 Dec  2015, 16:47
Quote from: Grissom on Thu,  3 Dec  2015, 15:34
Loved every minute of the trailer! I think we're in for a treat come March 2016. You see, we haven't seen anything yet, Roven said that there could possibly be a cut of the film that could be close to four hours!! Four hours people!

It truly is the Dawn of Justice (League)

;D
Yeah and two hours of that will probably consist of Batman and Superman pummelling one another and destroying half of Metropolis in the process... :-X

If we want to complain about recklessness, then the same thing can always be said about Nolan's Batman, especially his incompetent handling of the no kill policy and framing himself for crimes that did more harm than good to the city. :-\

Quote from: zDBZ on Fri,  4 Dec  2015, 01:03
With Doomsday and dead Zod now revealed as part of the mix, I'd have to say I'm a bit nervous about overcrowding in this film (well, more nervous - I thought that might be a problem the minute I found out Wonder Woman was gonna pop up). Not thrilled with the way the Bat/Supes conflict seems likely to go down either. Tonally, every trailer so far has given me the impression that this is shaping up to be as serious and weighted as MoS, but with an (unnecessary) sense of self-awareness and self-importance when it comes to the "Supes is JESUS!!!" angle.

If you don't mind me asking, how would you prefer Batman and Superman debut in a film together? I believe they went for the best approach. Batman tends to be more interesting as a character when he's weary and cynical of others, and he's certainly going to be wary of Superman following MOS. The best comics between the two tend to have contrasting ideas and philosophies, and they clash over them before putting their differences. How the conflict between the two gets resolved in the film is going to be interesting. Just hope it doesn't feel contrived.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: Paul (ral) on Fri,  4 Dec  2015, 00:13
I added a poll - a bat-poll.....

Did Edd "Dick" Grayson get the smaller poll?