Ben Affleck is Batman

Started by BatmAngelus, Fri, 23 Aug 2013, 01:21

Previous topic - Next topic
Apropos of Keaton's involvement with Aquaman II, leaks have indicated (SPOILERS) that his Batman would appear in two scenes. One scene is early in the film, where he supplies Arthur with some information that sets the plot in motion, and the other scene is a mid or post-credit thing. (END SPOILERS) A detailed description of The Flash plot also leaked a while back and has been verified by multiple sources. According to this leak (SPOILERS) the movie does indeed end with Keaton replacing Affleck, but then there's a mid/post-credit scene in which Batfleck sends a message to Barry confirming that he's still alive somewhere (possibly another universe) and asking the Flash to find him. (END SPOILERS) If all this is true, then it sounds to me as though they're setting up a Crisis on Infinite Earths movie.

My guess is that while Keaton is still replacing Affleck in the wider DCEU, Affleck is replacing Keaton in Aquaman II owing to the reshuffling of the release schedule. Since Aquaman II is now coming out before The Flash, it wouldn't make sense for Keaton to be in it. I've also read that at least one of the scenes being reshot for Aquaman II features Mera, so it could be the case that the studio is trying to kill two birds with one set of reshoots: removing Amber Heard to avoid the controversy surrounding her and Depp, and reshooting Keaton's scenes with Affleck so they can release the Aquaman sequel before The Flash.

Oh, I had no idea Keaton was supposed to be in Aquaman.

Either way, it sounds like a mess. lol

Quote from: Travesty on Fri, 29 Jul  2022, 00:04
So it just broke that Affleck will return as Batman in the Aquaman sequel.

lol, wtf? WB has no idea what is going on.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Fri, 29 Jul  2022, 00:56
I rly wish WB would either $#!+ or get off the pot already. Either cancel the Snyderverse entirely or else bring it back entirely. But these halfhearted efforts are only pissing me off.

A few days ago, a YouTuber called Syl Abdul Inc scooped that Batfleck would make an appearance in Aquaman 2, and lo and behold, Jason Momoa confirmed the Affleck surprise on social media. Big win for Syl's channel, although he was told the additional shoots would've happened in a month instead of a few days.

https://geekositymag.com/ben-afflecks-batman-rumored-to-appear-in-aquaman-2/

https://geekositymag.com/jason-momoa-confirms-ben-afflecks-batman-in-aquaman-sequel/

In addition to the Affleck scoop, Syl Abdul's sources claimed Keaton's scenes in Aquaman 2 were going to be removed because test screenings were confused about his appearance, and the script required Batman to be in this movie. Those are really BIG claims right there. If it's true that Keaton is getting cut from Aquaman 2 in favour of Affleck, then that could mean WBD aren't huge fans of the post-Flash timeline, and want to try and mitigate it as much as possible. Of course, there's always the possibility that Keaton AND Affleck will both be in Aquaman and Flash, and this could very well be a half-assed attempt at Snyder continuity, as you said. We'll see what's really going on soon.

In the meantime, Momoa shared this post on Instagram after "accidentally" leaking Affleck's role. I say that in quotes because I can't help but think this was a publicity stunt.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CgkrXB6P8Qi/?hl=en
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

A rather curious post by Snyder on VERO. Word has it the car he's driving is an Aston Martin, the same car model that Bruce Wayne drove to Lex Luthor's gala in BvS.

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sun, 31 Jul  2022, 12:04
A rather curious post by Snyder on VERO. Word has it the car he's driving is an Aston Martin, the same car model that Bruce Wayne drove to Lex Luthor's gala in BvS.

And we're supposed to be envious because?

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Fri, 29 Jul  2022, 12:51
My guess is that while Keaton is still replacing Affleck in the wider DCEU, Affleck is replacing Keaton in Aquaman II owing to the reshuffling of the release schedule.
Aquaman II is now being released next year, after The Flash. We know Affleck shot scenes for the movie. I think there's enough now to say Keaton is one and done. Apparently Keaton's Batman is injured and possibly could be assumed to die during a battle scene in The Flash, before appearing again at the end. I just hope Keaton can return to the Burtonverse alive and well, rather than just now dying in that scene to wrap things up. In any case, I'd say Batfleck is back and part of the ten year plan.

In addition to Aquaman 2 now delayed to Christmas next year, Jason Momoa confirmed on camera saying "f*** it, Ben's coming back" and "we have a lot of surprises".

Very interesting. If The Flash keeps its release date, that means Affleck likely has a future as Batman again. Together with the rumours of Henry Cavill appearing in a cameo for Black Adam, did anyone think all of this chatter would've happened three to four years ago?

With that said, I'm not going to get too excited until we get clarification over what's really going on. But the signs appear to be promising so far.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 25 Aug  2022, 09:31In any case, I'd say Batfleck is back and part of the ten year plan.
I've recently completed Aquarius' 3000 piece A Magical Mystery Tour of 100 Beatles songs jigsaw which is in the process of being framed. I'm now just about to start Aquarius' 3000 piece DC Comics Cast jigsaw. It has taken unprecedented developments to potentially see the reformation of the original Snyder trinity on screen, and as a result the fire of the all out potential of the DC world has been rekindled in me. I really feel it now. Especially as Justice League Batman is the most exciting version of the character you can receive in terms of his experience and feats. I don't need Batfleck to have his own solo film - appearing in ensemble films like ZSJL is exactly what I'd be wanting anyway. Bring. It. On.

I stumbled across a YouTube comment on the Batman vs Superman fight scene. To paraphrase the comment, Batman had become such a villain that he had unconsciously adopted many of his enemies' traits:

• The Kryptonite grenade that explodes into green gas - Joker's fear toxin.
  • "Breathe it in. That's fear." - Scarecrow.
  • Using tactics to exploit and make Superman vulnerable - Bane.
  • Batman's mech-cowl that's later cut open on one side of his face - Two-Face.

Aside from maybe Bane's methods of weakening his opponents and the Scarecrow reference, the other examples are a bit of a stretch, to be honest. But they're curious observations nonetheless.

After today's farcical PR disaster over Cavill basically getting fired from Superman, the weasel Gunn has stated that he and Safran are negotiating with Affleck to - get this - direct a DC project.

I no longer care if Affleck comes back as Batman, he needs to GTFO out of that sinking ship that is WBD as far as possible. The same goes for Keaton. Anyone who is half decent should not have anything to do with that dumpster fire of a company.

The latest Cavill humiliation has shown that Gunn and WBD are not worth the hassle or the agony.