Ben Affleck is Batman

Started by BatmAngelus, Fri, 23 Aug 2013, 01:21

Previous topic - Next topic
People are always knocking Keaton's Batman for killing people.  I'm glad for once other films are taking the heat.  :)
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Fri,  1 Apr  2016, 23:53
People are always knocking Keaton's Batman for killing people.  I'm glad for once other films are taking the heat.  :)

Ignorance is bliss I suppose. That kind of ilk need to pick up a Dark Knight Archives Vol. 1, Batman Chronicles Vol.1, or even the Golden Age Batman Omnibus to see what was really going on with Batman in the early days.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I really liked him. The movie lacked Batman early on, but whenever he onscreen and in costume, we got a good payoff. The suit is very flexible, and the action scenes are a testament to that. Even the mask being more flexible didn't go unnoticed; something like Batman unmasked sitting at the Batcave computer could finally be accomplished.

The voice was great, too. Not too sure about the robot-effects outside of the battle armor, but he still found the proper threatening tone (without pushing it too far). Most importantly, I like his Bruce Wayne. It refreshing to see him use his wit and charm without putting up an obvious naive playboy facade. Plus I loved seeing him go to work as Bruce whenever it was best suited for him instead of Batman.

Great analysis TDK. Bravo!  8)
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Can we tweet this to Affleck?  ;)

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 12 Apr  2016, 13:48

I will do it on the bmo twitter - but I would encourage others to. to be honest, twitter moves so fast and has so many posts the odds of him seeing it a very slim - but worth a try in numbers

Well done, TDK! Congrats on your first site feature and kudos for persevering after what happened with your original draft. Your enthusiasm for this incarnation of Batman really shines through, and I like your interpretation of how Superman's death inspires Bruce to reconnect with the more trusting, compassionate side of his personality.

It's already had quite a few 'likes' on Facebook (a lot more than my Batman/Daredevil comparison feature got >:(). I think many fans are hungry for articles that frame the DCEU with a sense of optimism and appreciation, rather than simply dwelling on its shortcomings. A lot of fans will really dig this.

Quote from: Paul (ral) on Tue, 12 Apr  2016, 16:48
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 12 Apr  2016, 13:48

I will do it on the bmo twitter - but I would encourage others to. to be honest, twitter moves so fast and has so many posts the odds of him seeing it a very slim - but worth a try in numbers
True.

And thanks Silver.  :)

Let the record show I logged on to Twitter for the first time in more than a year (took me 15 minutes to remember what password and email I used) to tweet this. I did have to stretch the truth and say we're friends, TDK, mainly cause I didn't think it'd look so good if I said "I can't stand the bastard" and besides I didn't have enough characters in the tweet anyway.