Will the Snyder cut appear on HBO Max?

Started by The Laughing Fish, Fri, 7 Feb 2020, 10:52

Previous topic - Next topic
That teaser poster was the first out of three, with the caption "Fallen" tweeted on both Snyder and the film's Twitter accounts.

Here is "Risen".

And here is "United" (Snyder's tweet says "Reborn" instead).

QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: Travesty on Fri, 29 Jan  2021, 13:54
I'm so stoked. It's coming out soooo soon.

Can't wait.
It's hard to think of anything else.

I notice the UK and Australia are missing in terms of their plans. These places have huge fans, and I'd hate the prospect of them waiting months more for something others have already seen. If it doesn't have a worldwide release day many will pirate the film, which brings the final box office total into question. And that's counterproductive to our mission. I get that other countries have different deals going on, but it's something that needs to be fixed. It's the elephant in the room right now.

The soundtrack is getting an official release, which is fantastic. It's the number one piece of film merchandise I'd be wanting if it didn't exist. Lots and lots of music to anticipate with a four hour runtime.

With the posters I prefer the roll of film with Snyder's name as it directly references the situation. From a mainstream point of view I could see the smashed JL logo being the front cover of a home video release, and the flag being the back.

Bring on the 18th!

I saw that Dan Jurgens likes the "Risen" poster.

Glad he saw fit to say he was flattered by the poster. As Dan certainly has his place in DC/Superman iconography.

But yeah, March can't get here quick enough!

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Fri, 29 Jan  2021, 23:55

I saw that Dan Jurgens likes the "Risen" poster.

Glad he saw fit to say he was flattered by the poster. As Dan certainly has his place in DC/Superman iconography.

But yeah, March can't get here quick enough!
The way I interpret the posters: the original dream was smashed, and then mourned. But the film was there the whole time in the rubble.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 30 Jan  2021, 00:15
The way I interpret the posters: the original dream was smashed, and then mourned. But the film was there the whole time in the rubble.

That's an astute interpretation that works for me.

Admittedly, I've been having a few chuckles at the recent, "How it started - How it's going" memes pertaining to the Snyder Cut. More specifically, at the expense of the numerous headlines of articles over the years proclaiming, "It doesn't exist, nor will ever, EVER see the light of day", vs the right sided juxtaposition image of the March 18th release date.

The jokes write themselves.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Sat, 30 Jan  2021, 01:11
Admittedly, I've been having a few chuckles at the recent, "How it started - How it's going" memes pertaining to the Snyder Cut. More specifically, at the expense of the numerous headlines of articles over the years proclaiming, "It doesn't exist, nor will ever, EVER see the light of day", vs the right sided juxtaposition image of the March 18th release date.

The jokes write themselves.
Indeed they do. The movie now being 100% done and getting released ends any debate.

This photo has been shared of the opening scene with Bruce finding Arthur.

At four hours this movie automatically qualifies as an epic, but the Snyder visuals are going to amplify that mood.

I live in America. Usually, I like watching movies on my computer. It's a preference thing.

I use Google Chrome and a while back, I installed a browser plugin called VeePN. It's a VPN that allows you to connect your browser to systems in other countries, giving the appearance of actually being in those countries even if you're not. For example, rn I can connect to IP addresses originating from London and Moscow. Comes in handy sometimes.

Also, there are two different locations right in the good ol' US of A.

Separately (tho tangentially related), you can log in to HBO Max through a web browser (such as Chrome).

People in places where distribution of ZSJL might be an issue can do whatever they want with this information.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 27 Jan  2021, 00:52Hoard as much popcorn as you can
Way ahead of you, bro. I gravitate toward Reddenbacher's Naturals Simply Salted. I add light amounts of liquid butter topping (less is more with that stuff) and then shake some butter powder over top of the popcorn in layers. My pantry is all stocked up with popcorn and ready to go for ZSJL.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 27 Jan  2021, 00:52because it seems like March 25 is going to be the big day according to Grace
Turns out, she was off by a week. I rationalize it that (A) she was close (right down to predicting a Thursday release) and (B) odds are the plan was March 25 at least at one point.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 27 Jan  2021, 00:52Godzilla v Kong has been pushed back a week
I think this was the crux of it. Move JL up a week, move GVK back a week.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 27 Jan  2021, 00:52I'm hoping for a quality one-sheet style we can use to replace anything that came out with the Theatrical cut, even if I liked some of those designs. It's time to leave all that in the past.
I'll just say it, the official one-sheet for Whedon's JL is crap. I thought so back then and I believe it now. It looks cheap somehow. Like somebody banged it out in Photoshop in about fifteen or twenty minutes and there's your one-sheet, hoss. Sorry, no, it's awful.

Snyder's posters lean in to the Knightmare stuff and even if I don't think that's super pertinent to the movie itself (based on what we know so far) (which rly isn't much when you think about it), it's still more visually interesting than the generic group mugshot of the Whedon one-sheet.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Wed, 27 Jan  2021, 00:52I'm hoping the coming days and weeks reveal more merchandising. I'd like to see something with black suit Superman, as it's truly unique to this film. More shirts would be welcome. As a collector of the movie vehicles I'd like to see good quality Knightcrawler and Flying Fox releases. Time will tell.
I'm anticipating Junkie XL's score. The MOS and BVS scores are certified classics in my book, as you know. As Junkie is Zimmer's kinda sorta protégé, I'm very interested to hear what's coming. Frankly, I'm nearly as excited about the Junkie score as I am the film itself, if you can believe that.

If this is where the Snyderverse ends, well, I imagine I'll be quite satisfied.

Appreciate you dropping some knowledge with the VeePN post, Colors. I'll have to look into that.

Also, has there been anymore news/updates on a possible physical media release of the ZSJL lately? I seem to remember reading somewhere that there was a plan to have the blu/4K release to coincide (or relatively soon after) with the HBO Max release date, but haven't heard anything more about it as of late ...

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sun, 31 Jan  2021, 22:21
Snyder's posters lean in to the Knightmare stuff and even if I don't think that's super pertinent to the movie itself (based on what we know so far) (which rly isn't much when you think about it), it's still more visually interesting than the generic group mugshot of the Whedon one-sheet.
Apparently there's another poster coming, that will feature the League. I wouldn't be surprised if that comes out with the new trailer.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sun, 31 Jan  2021, 22:21I'm anticipating Junkie XL's score. The MOS and BVS scores are certified classics in my book, as you know. As Junkie is Zimmer's kinda sorta protégé, I'm very interested to hear what's coming. Frankly, I'm nearly as excited about the Junkie score as I am the film itself, if you can believe that.
It's a similar story for me. The Zimmer sound works for these types of films, and I came around to it a while back. Elfman has his place, but it's not here. Apparently Batman may have a new type of theme - can't wait to hear what it's like.

Quote from: The Joker on Sun, 31 Jan  2021, 23:41
Also, has there been anymore news/updates on a possible physical media release of the ZSJL lately? I seem to remember reading somewhere that there was a plan to have the blu/4K release to coincide (or relatively soon after) with the HBO Max release date, but haven't heard anything more about it as of late ...
Nothing has been announced. They better get their international release schedule announced before March 18 otherwise people will get restless. Nobody is advocating for piracy but if no other options are available, the masses will no doubt look into other options. Even if a release schedule is announced and they have to wait weeks or months after March 18, I'm sure those alternative options will be explored. India, UK, Australia, etc are huge markets. Would be insane to keep them in the dark for too long.