Favorite Pop Song from the Batman Franchise?

Started by Azrael, Tue, 12 Aug 2008, 18:39

Previous topic - Next topic

Favorite pop song(s) from the Batman movies

Prince - Batman Album
9 (34.6%)
Siouxsie & the Banshees - "Face to Face"
6 (23.1%)
U2 - "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me"
2 (7.7%)
Smashing Pumpkins "The Beginning is the End..."/"The End is the Beginning"
4 (15.4%)
The Flaming Lips - "Bad Days" Forever
1 (3.8%)
R Kelly - "Gotham City" Robin
1 (3.8%)
Seal "Kiss from a Rose" Forever
3 (11.5%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

A boring topic but I wanted to try the poll feature. What's your favorite Bat-song (or bat-songs)?

Face to Face for me.  It PERFECTLY captured a few of BR's themes and even had that meowing strings motif for Catwoman playing in the background.  Plus, the video has Siouxsie Sioux laying around in skintight PVC.  What's not to like?

Quote from: silenig on Tue, 12 Aug  2008, 18:39
A boring topic but I wanted to try the poll feature. What's your favorite Bat-song (or bat-songs)?

boring me arse! it's a great topic.

As much as i liked Prince's stuff and as much as I LOVED  U2 and The Smashing Pumpkins songs.....I have to go with other - as in The Flaming Lips' "Bad Days"

The Forever soundtrack introduced me to the Oklahoma trio and made them one of my fav bands. I am a sentimental sausage.

As much as I love Prince, the Smashing Pumpkins tune is my fave.

Well I have to say "The End Is The Beginning Is The End" By The Smashing
Pumkins. When I hear that song everytime for some strange reason, I
always think of the old-days....

I am Vengence,I Am The Night....

Wed, 13 Aug 2008, 00:51 #6 Last Edit: Wed, 13 Aug 2008, 00:53 by silenig
Quote from: raleagh on Tue, 12 Aug  2008, 20:30
I have to go with other - as in The Flaming Lips' "Bad Days"

It has been years since I listened to the CD, and I forgot. This and U2's track are the highlights of that album, and Bad Days also has a very nice use in the film itself when Edward returns to his little appartment.. Your vote has been cast :)

Quote from: silenig on Wed, 13 Aug  2008, 00:51
It has been years since I listened to the CD, and I forgot. Your vote has been cast :)

Thanks,  :D

So many great songs with great memories attached to them to choose from.

I voted for Seal's Kiss By A Rose, since no one has voted for it yet.
His and U2's song are tied to my first experience of living through a Batman movie summer.
WB really should have included the Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me music video on the Special Edition DVD. The animated bits are really cool.

Prince's songs and Face To Face are so tied to the characters, it's incredible.
I especially love Face to Face orchestral version playing through Max Shrek's party.

The Beginning is the End is the Beginning is simply a great song. Especially the Watchmen trailer version is great.

Quote from: Batman on Wed, 13 Aug  2008, 14:29
WB really should have included the Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me music video on the Special Edition DVD. The animated bits are really cool.

Actually, that video went into the Guinness book of records for quickest music video made!