Most iconic poster?

Started by phantom stranger, Fri, 8 Jan 2010, 10:11

Previous topic - Next topic
Fri, 8 Jan 2010, 10:11 Last Edit: Fri, 8 Jan 2010, 21:46 by phantom stranger
Let's face it: Dark Knight had probably the best posters of any Batman movie. This one is probably my favorite. Although, I think Joker should be holding one of his Joker cards and Harvey should be holding a coin.

Also, Gordon should be in it holding a badge, Fox holding a cell phone and Alfred holding a dustpan.

If you're refering to the three faces TDK poster, which I'm sure you are, keep in mind they plagiarized the Returns poster. Intentional or not, they did.

In terms of sheer iconic status, you can't beat the gold Batman (1989) poster.

http://www.impawards.com/1989/posters/batman.jpg

I think all the Batman films had great posters, yes even B & R, but The 1989 Batman poster is still the gold standard, just supremely iconic and one of the best and most recognizable posters in film history.

In terms of the most iconic poster on this site, it's gotta be me.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri,  8 Jan  2010, 15:14
In terms of the most iconic poster on this site, it's gotta be me.

i was waiting for someone to say that  ;D

Quote from: Grissom on Fri,  8 Jan  2010, 13:01
I think all the Batman films had great posters, yes even B & R, but The 1989 Batman poster is still the gold standard, just supremely iconic and one of the best and most recognizable posters in film history.

Exactly just a simple Batsign gold background made history..

Well, when I think "iconic" I don't think symbols because that's too easy. I was just thinking about iconic poses and images of that nature.

Quote from: phantom stranger on Sat,  9 Jan  2010, 09:08
Well, when I think "iconic" I don't think symbols because that's too easy.
I think that's the whole point with iconic images, they do come straight to mind.