Batman '89 (2021)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Tue, 16 Feb 2021, 21:05

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sun, 17 Sep  2023, 01:43Barbara must've been using the Batman equipment collected in the GCPD evidence room to become Batgirl.

Quinones has confirmed my guess is correct. Here is Batgirl's character sketch.

The BR Batarang is now a weapon of hers too.

https://twitter.com/Joe_Quinones/status/1705273656044102114
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Sounds absolutely terrible.

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Fri, 15 Sep  2023, 17:44

Quinones must've based this sketch on this unused poster. Batgirl does a similar pose to Batman, and both images have Gotham Cathedral in the background.

If only the stories were just as engaging as the Easter eggs.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sat, 21 Oct  2023, 22:48

Quinones must've based this sketch on this unused poster. Batgirl does a similar pose to Batman, and both images have Gotham Cathedral in the background.

If only the stories were just as engaging as the Easter eggs.

Thats a good catch! Also I agree 100%

Admittedly, I'm a bit of Jack Nicholson Joker stan, so any new quasi "official" material pertaining to his version will always have my interest. Plus, I've found any and all information pertaining to the cancelled "Batman Triumphant/Unchained" script to be engaging to read about for years now. To which this seems to be taking a good bit of inspiration from.

Not expecting to be wowed, or even satisfied with the final product given the prior B89 installment to be perfectly honest, but Nicholson's Joker having some sort of role/affect in this, along with the "Triumphant/Unchained" influences does pique my interest in the proceedings.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

If that's supposed to be Goldblum, his dialogue needs more stammering and 'uhs'.

Quote from: Jeff Goldblum'He--he m-m-may wind up in the, uh, max wing. If you're, um, interested maybe I can, uh... i-i-introduce you. Hmm?'

Quote from: Travesty on Thu, 28 Sep  2023, 16:09Sounds absolutely terrible.
Everything I've seen and heard has indeed been terrible. I'm also tired of stories that involve Batman going missing for extended periods of time, especially during his main career - which the B89 comic series is. That's a trend that's now overused and I wish they gave it a good rest.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 30 Nov  2023, 11:18That's a trend that's now overused and I wish they gave it a good rest
I wish they would retire it completely. The older and crankier I get, the less craps I give about Batgirl, Luke Fox and the other diverse fill-ins. Just give me the main guy and keep the third-stringers out of it.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Thu, 30 Nov  2023, 21:29
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 30 Nov  2023, 11:18That's a trend that's now overused and I wish they gave it a good rest
I wish they would retire it completely. The older and crankier I get, the less craps I give about Batgirl, Luke Fox and the other diverse fill-ins. Just give me the main guy and keep the third-stringers out of it.
Characters like Robin, Nightwing, Huntress, etc are their own thing. Then we have Jace Fox come in and brazenly starts calling himself Batman. That doesn't sit well with me. Miles Morales soured my enjoyment of modern Spider-Man content for a similar reason. Miles is a seperate character but he's also not. They gave him the name and powers of an iconic and pre-existing character, which is a lazy foundation. Without the same name of the original character would anyone care about Jace or Miles?

Miles entered the scene simply because Obama became president, and now there's no shaking him off. The powers that be have doubled down on his presence to become a permanent fixture, having him and Peter on equal footing. I'm at the point where I don't care about the apparent quality of Spider-Verse movies. I just want Peter on his own in a world against the foes as it had been for decades prior. The counterpart evolves to feel like a replacement, which has been indicated with the proposed third Spider-Man game.