Batman: Arkham Origins

Started by Silver Nemesis, Tue, 9 Apr 2013, 16:19

Previous topic - Next topic
New trailer, revealing a female version of Copperhead as one of the opponents:
http://batman-news.com/2013/07/18/batman-arkham-origins-copperhead-trailer-video/

I will say that it's cool that current Batman adaptations are attempting to bring out more of the Rogues Gallery, whether it's with the Arkham games or with the new Beware the Batman show.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Quote from: BatmAngelus on Fri, 19 Jul  2013, 04:48
New trailer, revealing a female version of Copperhead as one of the opponents:
http://batman-news.com/2013/07/18/batman-arkham-origins-copperhead-trailer-video/

I will say that it's cool that current Batman adaptations are attempting to bring out more of the Rogues Gallery, whether it's with the Arkham games or with the new Beware the Batman show.
Agreed. Also looks like the game is going to reference the fact this character is a male. This version of the character possibly making people *think* she's a male for secrecy, etc. I'm cool with that, given the character isn't well known in the first place. It's not like Joker or Bane.

Really looking forward to this game.

http://comicsalliance.com/batman-arkham-origins-multiplayer-robin-video/

Looks like the previous reports weren't true- Robin is in Arkham Origins and you can even play as him in the multiplayer part of the game.  I assume this is the Dick Grayson Robin since this is meant for the early days of Batman and his suit doesn't have the hood that Tim Drake's did in Arkham City.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

Liking Mad Hatter. It's funny, I like that the rogue gallery looks neater in this. I realize times were tough in Arkham city, but everybody looked like they needed a bath... :)

Online multiplayer? I dig it. I have online video gaming capabilities, and when I log into the AA/AC game - it's only the ranked leaderboards. This is better. Do something else with the series.

anybody pre-order the big baffo edition yet?..besides this easy mark? :)

No. To tell the truth, of all these items pictured below, only the game itself and the artbook seem interesting...  8)

New trailer, featuring Alfred, Gordon, and Firefly:

The influence of The Dark Knight (2008) is evident in this trailer: Batman's costume, the younger Year One-era Gordon, the knife-wielding Joker, and especially the music at the 1:34 mark. I hope there are some Burton nods in it too. The previous game had plenty of those.

Funny that Gordon looks so much more vibrant and young in this...maybe I'm off base with his age, but he looks late 30's early 40's...and this is supposed to be 5 years before AA where he looks like he's ready for an applesauce and bayer cocktail. Oof...Gotham does put on the mileage, doesn't it? and Agreed, very TDK/TDKR so far. Nice to see the batcave. Hope to see more of the manor.