#BvS SPOILER THREAD

Started by Paul (ral), Tue, 15 Mar 2016, 16:51

Previous topic - Next topic
Recent reports suggest that that Knightmare sequence might not be until Justice League Part 2. There might be war with Atlantis in Justice League Part 1. I was even thinking that a future controlled by Superman, will be awesome, putting a nice twist to who we know Superman to be. Since we saw the Omega symbol, I was wondering if Darkseid is actually controlling Superman, with Superman being his Number One henchman or as jack would say "My number one guyyy".

I think the Knightmare is the future, but it's not going to happen. The idea is for the JL to avoid it. Because the Knightmare ends with Batman getting his chest impaled by Superman's fist. There could be genuine hints that the Knightmare is still impending, though. But they avoid it at the last second.

Yeah, I think it's the future that Flash tries to warn Bruce about. It'll probably change, though. Or maybe it has already? who knows right now.

I think Bruce could keep this to himself for a while, not telling the other members of the League. And like Tower of Babel, his secret could be a double edged sword, alienating him from certain members.

Quote from: Grissom on Fri, 15 Apr  2016, 21:10
Recent reports suggest that that Knightmare sequence might not be until Justice League Part 2. There might be war with Atlantis in Justice League Part 1.

This kind of reminds of JL: Thrones of Atlantis. But the difference is that Aquaman has seemed to have inherited the role as king judging by the BvS cameo, whereas the animated film/comics storyline (I assume, I haven't read it) was an origin story showing us how he discovers his true heritage and inherited the throne from Ocean Master, after stopping his plans to attack the surface world.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I can see this Aquaman as someone who doesn't like surface dwellers. The images of him we've seen so far, he doesn't look like he likes anybody lol.

I can also see this movie taking a preachy political slant if the water is involved. Hope I'm wrong.

As for the Knightmare, I hope it is just that. A nightmare that doesn't come true. I know there are people who like the whole "Supes being an agent of evil" idea but that's not my cup of tea. I even had a hard time with the Batman Beyond episode where that asshole jellyfish had him trying to kill everybody. There are plenty of real bad guys they can use without turning him bad. And bad girls...Livewire, anyone?

It can be interesting because Batman had a grudge against Superman, and now he's wanting everyone to get along and unite. But Aquaman, as an example, still has to work through that anger and scepticism he holds against Wonder Woman's people and humanity at large. He'll have to convinced.

I was visiting another forum and somebody posted this link to a podcast website from a fan who tackles the most common complaints about the movie, and offers counter-arguments and analysis against these criticisms. I've only heard the podcaster giving answers for plot holes that another blogger had listed on the 'net so far.

Source: http://jluniverse.podomatic.com/
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 16 Apr  2016, 11:30
It can be interesting because Batman had a grudge against Superman, and now he's wanting everyone to get along and unite. But Aquaman, as an example, still has to work through that anger and scepticism he holds against Wonder Woman's people and humanity at large. He'll have to convinced.
[/quote

It's going to be great :)

I have a question though. Not for you, I mean in general. We're supposed to "Unite the Seven." We have six. Who's numero siete?

Obvious choice is Green Lantern but since a certain sect of the fanbase thinks everything that doesn't go just swimmingly at the box office should be abandoned and the GL movie from before was apparently really bad (I never saw it, not a big RR fan) could they be looking another direction even though that was (I think?) separate of what we're doing now? Maybe they could use a different GL like John Stewart or Kyle Rayner. Or say "Screw you idiots, meet the new and improved Hal Jordan" lol.

Or maybe one of two names I haven't seen mentioned. Kartar or Shayera Hol. Hawkman and Hawkgirl!

I'll throw another name out. John Jones. Or J'onn J'onnz if you prefer lol. Martian Manhunter could be super intriguing even though they may want to avoid another alien dealio after that being a huge part of MoS and BvS.

Here's one other name and a potential villain. Shazam and Black Adam. The Black Adam part especially. Ancient Egyptian stuff is always popular I think so that could be a really interesting direction for them to go.

Speaking of villains I read (and LOVED) a rumor that the guy who supervises the krypronite search could be destined to become Metallo. Probably not but oh well.

Ok I will stop throwing names out now lol.