Recent posts

Movies / Re: The Dune Thread
Last post by Silver Nemesis - Yesterday at 15:59
Here's the first teaser trailer for the Dune: Prophecy prequel series.

The special effects, cinematography and production design all look great, but I'm not sold on the premise. I gather this is drawing from the prequel books by Brian Herbert and Kevin J. Anderson, which never captivated me the way the original novel did. Even Frank Herbert's sequel novels, all of which I've read, fall short of the first book. They're going to be adapting inferior source material from here on out, but you never know – the screen versions might surpass the books.
Comic Film & TV / Re: Daredevil: Born Again (Dis...
Last post by Silver Nemesis - Wed, 15 May 2024, 10:33
The first nine episodes of Born Again will premiere in March 2025. A new logo has been revealed.

A teaser trailer was shown at the Disney upfront event in New York. The footage hasn't been released to the public yet, but there are descriptions online. D'Onofrio and Cox were there to promote the series.

Movies / Re: The Planet of the Apes Fra...
Last post by Silver Nemesis - Mon, 13 May 2024, 17:54
Here's a fair take on Kingdom from the Critical Drinker.

Movies / Re: The Kaiju/Monsterverse Thr...
Last post by The Joker - Mon, 13 May 2024, 04:14

Couple of GxK "retro" style posters.

Comic Film & TV / Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtl...
Last post by The Joker - Mon, 13 May 2024, 04:10

Supervoid did a script breakdown of the once-proposed TMNT 4.

Animated Batman / Re: New Animated show coming t...
Last post by The Dark Knight - Sun, 12 May 2024, 13:20
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat, 11 May  2024, 16:38Canonically, Babs is supposed to be a redhead. We know how well redheaded characters do when adapted into other media these days. How else can you have POC Babs unless her old man has been race swapped too?
It really is a bizarre and unfortunate stance being taken against redheads. At this point we need Jessica Chastain or someone like her cast as Poison Ivy to restore order.

At some point I'm hoping the Mad Monk/Monster Men arc gets adapted. That has the potential to be one of the best bunch of episodes from anything if done right.
Animated Batman / Re: New Animated show coming t...
Last post by Kamdan - Sun, 12 May 2024, 12:52
Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Fri, 10 May  2024, 22:07
Quote from: Travesty on Thu,  9 May  2024, 23:02

The purple cowl, dress and cape ensemble has always been my favourite Catwoman costume. I don't know if it'd work in live action, but it looks good here.

I've always been a fan of this cosplay of this iteration that brilliantly used Yvonne Craig's Batgirl cowl for the mask.

https://pin.it/4nV55lvxl
Misc. Burton / Re: Nicholson Joker Appreciati...
Last post by The Joker - Sun, 12 May 2024, 08:22

Other comics / Re: Wonder Woman (DC Comics)
Last post by The Joker - Sun, 12 May 2024, 06:28

In 2001, DC Comics ran the "Just Imagine" series of titles, which featured Stan Lee's re-imaging of DC Superheroes. To which, Wonder Woman was one of these.

In this Stan Lee version of Wonder Woman, Wondy is not Diana Prince, but Maria Mendoza. Who wields a divine golden staff (empowered by a Sun God) that turns her into Wonder Woman.

I can't honestly say I was really crazy about this reimaging (or really any of the other "Just Imagine" books), but if there was a silver lining, is that the book does feature Jim Lee on cover art, as well as penciling the interiors as well.

Interesting enough experiment, sure. The novelty of Stan Lee dabbling with DC Superheroes was enough to peak some curiosity. Just not enough to really clamor for more.
Comic Film & TV / Re: The Trial of the Incredibl...
Last post by The Joker - Sun, 12 May 2024, 06:11