Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

Started by Edd Grayson, Wed, 21 May 2014, 18:08

Previous topic - Next topic
Totally. I won't get specific cause spoilers but he did it all at Lex's party, that was so good.

Wanna know who else I freaking love in his role? Laurence Fishburne! He is perfect as Perry White.

How about WB just scrap the new universe and spare all the moaners the apparent pain and misery they're going through. Those poor moaners. They must feel so let down. They are entitled to march on Zach Snyder's house, demand a refund for their ticket and have him lynched by noon tomorrow. BvS is a crime on humanity and every copy must be burned, and those who have seen it must be labotomised to erase their memories.

I love the film, but what a downer this is. Sometimes I just wonder why we all bother.

Shouldn't a great Batman/Superman film entertain/satisfy a large number of people/the majority, rather than just a handful? [giveup]  I mean, that's okay for a fan-film but this movie cost about $450 million.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Sat, 26 Mar 2016, 12:34 #133 Last Edit: Sat, 26 Mar 2016, 13:03 by Nycteris
This whole thing left a sour taste in my mouth too (it rarely happens with movies). Still haven't seen it but I'm inclined to love it, even judging by the soundtrack (which I have been listening non-stop for the last few days) and reviews/opinions by fans who liked it. A handful of opinions by people who know their thing count more than a hundred negative reviews by critics off their mark who say things like its "depressing" and "pretentious". The alleged "plot holes" are more legitimate criticisms, but still don't justify this backlash, all movies have them (and especially the much cherished Nolan's TDK and TDKRises).

Still doubts about some of their choices which seem premature. Maybe they shouldn't have done that. (More in the spoilers thread)

Need to watch it soon, but I wait to catch a late night screening with few attendants.

Yeah, see the film yourself and you never know, you may enjoy yourself. Fingers crossed you do. Joker, Catwoman and myself all came out liking what we saw, and aren't ripping into it.

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sat, 26 Mar  2016, 11:41but this movie cost about $450 million.
Can you even math, bro?

Anyway, I dug the movie. That is more or less Batman as I've always seen him. This silly idea that he shouldn't kill people is just inane. I guess it made sense when the Comics Code was there keeping everybody dishonest but now that it's gone, it's simply illogical to continue using that stupid rule. It's good that Snyder recognized that and scrapped that rule entirely.

There's a lot of stuff to sort through with this movie, and God knows there will be time. But I really enjoyed it. It gave Batman and Superman plausible reasons to be at odds with each other and, ultimately, to beat the crap out of one another.

Very enjoyable and I'm looking forward to future DCEU films.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat, 26 Mar  2016, 22:50
Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sat, 26 Mar  2016, 11:41but this movie cost about $450 million.
Can you even math, bro?
Yes.  I can do math.

I even know that 'math' isn't a verb, 'bro'.  ;)
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

How many times are you guys thinking about seeing this? I'm gonna try to see it for my second time tomorrow. Overall, I think I'll try to see this 3-5 times.

I really liked this movie. And I can't wait for the extended cut on Blu Ray. That's gonna be a day-one purchase for me.

2-3 total for me in the theater, buying the DVD (poor bitches can't afford Blu-Ray lol) day one.

Just got back home from checking out BvS again with some of my bros from work.

Not sure I'll check it out again in a theater 3 times, but hey, it's possible.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."