Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

Started by Edd Grayson, Wed, 21 May 2014, 18:08

Previous topic - Next topic
http://variety.com/2014/film/news/batman-superman-titled-batman-v-superman-dawn-of-justice-1201188157/

I think it has a nice ring to it, obviously hinting at the Justice League as well as justice being a common theme for both Batman and Superman, What do you think?

Hideous. So...NOT World's Finest, the easier and infinitely catchier title. This movie is getting stranger by the second...

I know, I know, it has invoke the fact that this is NOT A Batman/Superman feature, it's a Justice League feature...except that it isn't JUSTICE LEAGUE, and Batman/Superman are the selling point

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Wed, 21 May  2014, 18:11
Hideous. So...NOT World's Finest, the easier and infinitely catchier title. This movie is getting stranger by the second...

I know, I know, it has invoke the fact that this is NOT A Batman/Superman feature, it's a Justice League feature...except that it isn't JUSTICE LEAGUE, and Batman/Superman are the selling point

My friend, you do not call a movie that is the first in history to feature Superman and Batman on screen "World's Finest". It's a title that makes sense only to a comic geek. And I wouldn't want either of my favourite two superheroes in their movie careers to be represented by such a bland title on their long lasting C.V's.

"Batman Vs Superman" may seem like a cliche and along the lines of an "Alien Vs Predator" type of deal. But it's an obvious choice really, tells an audience exactly what to expect and creates the buzz. Mission accomplished.

And hey we should all be delighted. Batman's name is FINALLY back in a motion picture title for the first time in 10 long years! And long may it remain there this time. Although technically not 100% a proper Batman movie just yet.

Yes, and we should be happy it wasn't named "The Dark Knight vs The Man of Steel"  ;D

Quote from: Edd Grayson on Wed, 21 May  2014, 18:32
Yes, and we should be happy it wasn't named "The Dark Knight vs The Man of Steel"  ;D
;D  That would have been awful!
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

i like it a lot. yes worlds finest would have been better but this is good too. and obviously it isn't the justice league because this is the DAWN of justice. they'll be around in the afternoon. lol.

maybe this will be "the justice trilogy."  :P

Quote from: Catwoman on Wed, 21 May  2014, 18:46
and obviously it isn't the justice league because this is the DAWN of justice. they'll be around in the afternoon. lol.

Made me LOL.  :) Good one.

thank you. i'll be here all week. be sure to tip your waitress.

*curtsies, then backflips off stage right*

Quote from: Cobblepot4Mayor on Wed, 21 May  2014, 18:27
Quote from: Gotham Knight on Wed, 21 May  2014, 18:11

I wouldn't call it bland, but I see your point, trying to be more marketable and recognizable and such. However, I maintain that this title is absolutely revolting.  I maintain that World's Finest, even as a "Batman and Superman" subtitle trumps the Dawn of Justice moniker that isn't fit for a video game.

My friend, you do not call a movie that is the first in history to feature Superman and Batman on screen "World's Finest". It's a title that makes sense only to a comic geek. And I wouldn't want either of my favourite two superheroes in their movie careers to be represented by such a bland title on their long lasting C.V's.

"Batman Vs Superman" may seem like a cliche and along the lines of an "Alien Vs Predator" type of deal. But it's an obvious choice really, tells an audience exactly what to expect and creates the buzz. Mission accomplished.