Ghostbusters trailer *Brand New* (2016)

Started by Grissom, Thu, 3 Mar 2016, 14:14

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat,  9 Jul  2016, 01:39Sit back, relax and get a tub of popcorn. Deadline now says Equalitybusters is tracking to open between 35-41 million.
Heh... I know we're not supposed to take pleasure in other people's misfortunes... but... heh...

Cinemas will dark and mostly empty. You could even label them ghost towns.

Quote from: Cobblepot4Mayor on Sat,  9 Jul  2016, 00:24
I really think most of you are a pack of miserable cocksuckers actually lol The hell with the quality of the film. Such stroppy attitudes.

Get bent.

I really think most of you are a pack of miserable cocksuckers actually lol The hell with the quality of the film. Such stroppy attitudes.

I'm surprised Feig and McCarthy haven't tried this particular line themselves. It fits the obnoxious adversarial tone of the marketing campaign perfectly. Speaking of which, a new scene was added specially to the film in which the cast make fun of online haters. They actually did this. For real.

http://www.cnet.com/news/new-ghostbusters-cast-ad-lib-replies-to-youtube-trolls-in-movie/

Because insulting the audience has done wonders for them so far. ::)

Oh, and the first couple of reviews are in:

QuoteEarly Bird Critic
‏@EarlyBirdCritic

#Ghostbusters (2016) Review - 4/10.

https://twitter.com/EarlyBirdCritic/status/751610406834049025

No surprises there then.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat,  9 Jul  2016, 01:39
Sit back, relax and get a tub of popcorn. Deadline now says Equalitybusters is tracking to open between 35-41 million.

Lol. A few weeks ago it was tracking for a $65 million OW. Then forecasts dropped to around $50 million. Now they're down to $35 million. I can already hear the whistling sound of this bomb plummeting to Earth.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat,  9 Jul  2016, 02:44
Heh... I know we're not supposed to take pleasure in other people's misfortunes... but... heh...

I feel the same way, but... Why fight it?

I no defender for this film, but I do have some sympathy for Cobblepot4Mayor, even if I can't endorse his 'cocksucker' comment (that said, it did seem to be made in jest).

I occasionally find that there is an echo chamber type mentality here, with some posters seemingly taking it for granted that we all think alike and share the same opinions and beliefs, whether it comes to politics, movies, or the best incarnation of Batman.  Thus, minority opinions, for instance 'Ghostbusters 2016 might be good' or 'I prefer Nolan's Batman to Burton's/Snyder's' (and I'm not suggesting I personally subscribe to either of these POVs) are derided and dismissed, rather than respectfully disagreed with.  I won't bring up any specific political opinions, but even here there are a number of posters who assume we all sing from the same hymn book, and worse, all come from the same monocultural perspective.

We need to be much more tolerant of a variety of opinions, including those we don't agree with, and stop arrogantly assuming we all think alike, or that such a thing is even desirable.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sat,  9 Jul  2016, 14:58
I'm surprised Feig and McCarthy haven't tried this particular line themselves. It fits the obnoxious adversarial tone of the marketing campaign perfectly. Speaking of which, a new scene was added specially to the film in which the cast make fun of online haters. They actually did this. For real.

http://www.cnet.com/news/new-ghostbusters-cast-ad-lib-replies-to-youtube-trolls-in-movie/

Because insulting the audience has done wonders for them so far. ::)
This is our motivation. Equalitybusters continues to throw down the gauntlet, rubbing this smelly diaper in our faces. So we stay in our trenches and dig in. By abstaining from the cinemas, shouting from the rooftops with bullhorns and laughing at their failure, we win. But we win by default anyway, given PC Busters very likely dished up a substandard product which will tank harder at the box office than a M1A1 Abrams. If you fight your very audience, you deserve their wrath. So, well done Sony. I need a laugh every day, and you provide that.

It's currently sitting at 74% 'Fresh' at Rotten Tomatoes at the moment...

...cue the conspiracy theories/outrage at 'liberal'/'feminist' critics being forced to give this film good reviews...

By the way, I am not a defender for this film, but I do prefer to wait for a film to be released before making my judgement...

Quote from: johnnygobbs on Sun, 10 Jul  2016, 22:58

By the way, I am not a defender for this film, but I do prefer to wait for a film to be released before making my judgement...

You're so full of sh*t even a manure silo is impressed.

Quote from: Catwoman on Sun, 10 Jul  2016, 23:07You're so full of sh*t even a manure silo is impressed.
Excuse me?  How was that remotely called for?

Personally, I haven't been terribly impressed by the omens for this film or any of the footage I have seen, but I've always asked the reserve judgement until it is actually on release.

I'm not sure why that merits such an abusive response, especially since I didn't direct my post to you (and yet you've regularly asked me to not respond to your posts).