Batman Live cancelled!

Started by Bobthegoon89, Wed, 5 Dec 2012, 14:02

Previous topic - Next topic
Given recent tour cancellations in America is this now the end of this brillaint show? I was hoping (as I'm sure other British fans were) for a re-tour of the UK in the future. As you know a show this good isn't enough to see the once! It seems this will now be the case. What a waste of great talent and opportunity.

I find it shocking how something like this can suffer in the States. It certainly can't be the popularity of Batman. We're talking at a time when he's a hot topic again thanks to the new movies. I'm seeing dozens of kids in Batman capes again and less Marvel "web shooters". Can it possibly be because some fools still believe the show is a bloody musical? Because if it is you and I know there is only one man to blame.....SPIDER-MAN! lol

Yes that infamous musical show. To be honest I wanted to see it myself when my family visited New York but we ran out of time. Purely cos I hear the webswinging effects were amazing, if a little suicidal for the actor and audience. Nevertheless I was aware what a piece of garbage it was on a musical level and an insult to Spidey fans. I mean how could I possibly take Peter Parker bursting into song seriously??? Phantom of the Opera maybe but not webhead. We're told "Spider-man, Spider-man, does whatever a spider can..." Correct me if I'm mistaken but those traits did not include the singing voice of a soprano! What were Marvel thinking!! The "House of Ideas" scraped the bottom of the barrel. However this show was based right in the heart of Times Square and received mass publicity (usually through it's on set mishaps and "it's so bad it's good" rep). I find it appalling people will still see this drivel more than a great, entertaining family show like Batman Live. A show done properly too.

Is there any chance a dvd could be released of the show as a condolence?

From what I'm hearing a DVD is very unlikely now.

This is a real shame. I never saw the show myself, but I've only heard good things about it.

It must have been poorly promoted in the States.

This is rather unfortunate since I had a great time with the show and I wish I knew more people who saw it.  I'm glad that I caught it in L.A. when I did and I wish the best to the talented cast and crew.
That awkward moment when you remember the only Batman who's never killed is George Clooney...

That's a pity. Even though such shows aren't my thing, to be honest, it's obvious that a lot of work and love went into it.