the brave and the bold?

Started by Catwoman, Sun, 14 Jun 2009, 00:16

Previous topic - Next topic
There was usually one per shipper.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Great toys!

Brave and the Bold is a pretty good program after all.  I love how much of Batman's untapped history it celebrates by throwing any sense of realism to the wind.

With that said, the stand out episode was 'Chill of the Night,' an adaptation of the 1950s expanded origin of Batman--with Chill acting as a willing hitman as opposed to a simple mugger.   Also loved the metaphysical angle: the faustian wager between Phantom Stranger and Spectre!  Great stuff! :)

Gregg, your post inspired me to watch the Chill episode. That's the first time I've been able to watch a whole episode of Brave and the Bold. I think you can tell who I was rooting for...

And one year later...

I'm actually rather enjoying the show. The one with Superman is really entertaining.

Quote from: phantom stranger on Mon, 22 Aug  2011, 00:22
And one year later...

I'm actually rather enjoying the show. The one with Superman is really entertaining.

Agreed. The Superman episode I saw (not sure if there are more) had lots of little nods to Superman: The Movie.

TBATB is a great cartoon. One not to be taken seriously, but it does suprise in that it can be serious at times (ie. it doesn't dodge the death of characters). I will admit that it is better if you have a kid to watch it with, but there are lots of references to other interpretations to keep the most hardcore Batman fans entertained.

^ Yep. TBATB is a smart program that has quite a bit going on under the surface.

Well, after 65 episodes the show is over.

I'm sad to see it go. Hopefully they give the seasons a proper release now. In Blu-ray preferably.

65 episodes is a solid run for an animated series. And it's the magic number for syndication so it seems like a lot of cartoons end at that number.

Personally, I'd like to see another dark Batman cartoon but my guess is that we're only going to get that in Young Justice and the direct-to-dvd movies. There is a new Batman cartoon coming out in 2013 but it's probably going to be a lot like the Green Lantern cartoon.

Just started watching the show. Finished Day of the Dark Knight. As others have said (years ago), the lack of realism works to the show's benefit. I enjoy the zany, over-the-top approach with the characters. Particularly looking forward to subsequent seasons. I've already seen the Superman episode and if this same crew were to make a Superman series along the same lines as that episode, I'd be a happy camper.

Between some Adam West stuff I've watched lately, the Schumacherverse and now this, I'm really developing a taste for the lighter side of Batman.

Batman works great as a character that's a straight-up adventurer. I love Batman in both flavors!
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton