the brave and the bold?

Started by Catwoman, Sun, 14 Jun 2009, 00:16

Previous topic - Next topic
hi i saw an episode of this yesterday morning. what is it? i had never heard of it.

It's no B:TAS, but I like the show for what it is.

Sun, 14 Jun 2009, 01:40 #3 Last Edit: Sun, 14 Jun 2009, 01:41 by Dark Knight Detective
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sun, 14 Jun  2009, 01:35
It's no B:TAS, but I like the show for what it is.

Yes indeed.

It may be light-hearted at times, but it has its dark moments, & best of all, it doesn't make Batman look like a joke.

How could you not of heard of it? The news about it started right around this time last year jeesh, some people just dont keep up on their batman news. :o

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

^It's better late... than never!

I actually quite enjoy it.  It amps up some of the larger dcu mythology, and completely leaves reality most of the time.

Several notable episodes stand out, among them is 'Chill of the Night,' which is a beautiful telling of the 1950s expansion of Batman's origin from the comics--with a bit of a metaphysical twist thanks to The Phantom Stranger and The Spectre.  Great vocal cameos from Kevin Conroy, Julie Newmar, and Adam West as Thomas Wayne. :)

Anyone catch this eppy?

Just thought you should all be made aware of this cool new toy!  Hot Wheels has just released a Batman The Brave and The Bold Batmobile.  It's easier to track it down by it's series number which is 49 since the package doesn't state that it is from The Brave and The Bold for some odd reason.  So good luck and happy hunting!  Oh how I hope this one is a helluva lot easier to track down than the Hot Wheels Ghostbusters Ecto-1.

I work at a closeout store and we have had two ECTO-1's come through! If I had known, i would have snapped one up.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

Quote from: gordonblu on Tue, 27 Jul  2010, 16:25
I work at a closeout store and we have had two ECTO-1's come through! If I had known, i would have snapped one up.

If you happen to see one or two come back in, I say grab them both!  I have no clue as to how many are in a case, but from what I can tell, not many.  I got my first one from a guy I know at a flea market and the second one I found in one of those large dump bins that Wal-Mart uses from time to time for Hot Wheels overflow.  I opened the second one and is now resting with a Batmobile and a Supermobile.

Also a few other things to keep an eye out for are the Hot Wheels Batmobile Monster Truck 2 pack which packages a Batmobile monster truck and a 1989 Batmobile (it's the same one from the 2004 release, except this one has a Bat-symbol on the canopy.  The second thing is the Hot Wheels Nolan Batmobile Custom Motors.  It's kinda neat since you get mix and match new parts and build your own Batmobile.  And finally Hot Wheels added the Nolan Batmobile to their Color Shifters line.  Just dunk it in water and it changes from the camo paint scheme to an all black!  Also don't forget to stop in your local Toys R Us and see if you're luck enough to find some of the Hot Wheels Batman 1/50 scale vehicles.  So far they have the 1989 Batmobile, the Bat-Wing, the Bat-Missile and The Bat-Skiboat out, along with the 1966 Batmobile, 1966 Batcycle, 1966 Batboat, the Batmobile from Superfriends, the Animated Series Batmobile and both the camo and black Nolan Batmobiles.  With more to come later on down the road.  It's hit or miss a lot of the times when you stop in, and yes, a bit pricey at $9+ dollars a car, but they are oh so cool and oh so worth it!

So with The Brave and The Bold and all these other fine cars, us toy collectors should be happy for awhile!

Here is a pic of Ecto-1 if anyone is interested:

Monster Truck 2 Pack:

Batmobile Custom Motors:

Batmobile Color Shifter:

And I know a link like this has been posted here, but it's worth another look.
Hot Wheels Batman 1/50 series:
http://www.hotwheelscollectors.com/news/news.aspx?news_id=969