Beetlejuice Beetlejuice (2024)

Started by Cobblepot4Mayor, Wed, 23 Oct 2013, 11:16

Previous topic - Next topic
Also worth noting is that production began 2 days ago.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Thu, 11 May  2023, 19:11
Catherine O'Hara has been confirmed.

Monica Bellucci has been cast as Beetlejuice's wife.

Willem Dafoe is official.

This is shaping up to be a heck of a stacked cast that's been announced so far (and I am not just insinuating Monica Bellucci there)!

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I haven't been keeping up with this, at all. I had no idea both Burton and Keaton were back.

Very exciting times for us Keaton fans.  8)

Thu, 18 May 2023, 17:49 #43 Last Edit: Thu, 18 May 2023, 17:55 by Gotham Knight
Spy shots from the set as filming is in progress. Lydia's gothness was not a phase, I see.

What do we think about that? Should Lydia have "grown up"? Or was she always staying in the goth world?

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Thu, 18 May  2023, 20:09
What do we think about that? Should Lydia have "grown up"? Or was she always staying in the goth world?
I'm fine with the gothness, but it feels like she's frozen. Goths do change their hairstyle now and again. She doesn't feel like an 'adult' goth. She looks like she's worn the same clothes for 35 years. Still very 'teen.' We'll see. I won't deny that I was super excited to see the picture.

Evidently, Lydia's life has remained, "One ... big ... dark ... room."

Some people having a "goth" phase in their life, and then eventually getting out of it, would be conventional. However, Lydia was already illustrated in the original "Beetlejuice" as being 'in tuned' with the afterlife by being able to see and react with the Maitland's when seemingly no one else could. Throw in that the realm beyond the living was on full display to her (in addition to being unsought after pursued by an antagonistic ghost) at such a young age, and yeah, Lydia's wardrobe remaining the same or stunted would be fully understandable.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Sat, 20 May  2023, 00:37

Evidently, Lydia's life has remained, "One ... big ... dark ... room."

Some people having a "goth" phase in their life, and then eventually getting out of it, would be conventional. However, Lydia was already illustrated in the original "Beetlejuice" as being 'in tuned' with the afterlife by being able to see and react with the Maitland's when seemingly no one else could. Throw in that the realm beyond the living was on full display to her (in addition to being unsought after pursued by an antagonistic ghost) at such a young age, and yeah, Lydia's wardrobe remaining the same or stunted would be fully understandable.
I like your take on that.

Evidently, a part of Shoredich was shut down for a week, and posters of Catherine O'Hara were seen. Looks like Delia is doing some self promotion for something. Also, (it might be a misunderstanding) some people are claiming that Johnny Depp has been seen.

I'd be surprised if he was, didn't Burton and Depp have a falling out over Helena Bonham Carter? Depp hasn't worked with him since Dark Shadows, if I recall correctly.
"There's just as much room for the television series and the comic books as there is for my movie. Why wouldn't there be?" - Tim Burton

Quote from: DocLathropBrown on Mon, 22 May  2023, 17:22
I'd be surprised if he was, didn't Burton and Depp have a falling out over Helena Bonham Carter? Depp hasn't worked with him since Dark Shadows, if I recall correctly.
Did Depp and Carter date or something? Must have missed that.