Recent posts

The first nine episodes of Born Again will premiere in March 2025. A new logo has been revealed.

A teaser trailer was shown at the Disney upfront event in New York. The footage hasn't been released to the public yet, but there are descriptions online. D'Onofrio and Cox were there to promote the series.

Movies / Re: The Planet of the Apes Fra...
Last post by Silver Nemesis - Mon, 13 May 2024, 17:54
Here's a fair take on Kingdom from the Critical Drinker.

Movies / Re: The Kaiju/Monsterverse Thr...
Last post by The Joker - Mon, 13 May 2024, 04:14

Couple of GxK "retro" style posters.

Comic Film & TV / Re: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtl...
Last post by The Joker - Mon, 13 May 2024, 04:10

Supervoid did a script breakdown of the once-proposed TMNT 4.

Animated Batman / Re: New Animated show coming t...
Last post by The Dark Knight - Sun, 12 May 2024, 13:20
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sat, 11 May  2024, 16:38Canonically, Babs is supposed to be a redhead. We know how well redheaded characters do when adapted into other media these days. How else can you have POC Babs unless her old man has been race swapped too?
It really is a bizarre and unfortunate stance being taken against redheads. At this point we need Jessica Chastain or someone like her cast as Poison Ivy to restore order.

At some point I'm hoping the Mad Monk/Monster Men arc gets adapted. That has the potential to be one of the best bunch of episodes from anything if done right.
Animated Batman / Re: New Animated show coming t...
Last post by Kamdan - Sun, 12 May 2024, 12:52
Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Fri, 10 May  2024, 22:07
Quote from: Travesty on Thu,  9 May  2024, 23:02

The purple cowl, dress and cape ensemble has always been my favourite Catwoman costume. I don't know if it'd work in live action, but it looks good here.

I've always been a fan of this cosplay of this iteration that brilliantly used Yvonne Craig's Batgirl cowl for the mask.

https://pin.it/4nV55lvxl
Misc. Burton / Re: Nicholson Joker Appreciati...
Last post by The Joker - Sun, 12 May 2024, 08:22

Other comics / Re: Wonder Woman (DC Comics)
Last post by The Joker - Sun, 12 May 2024, 06:28

In 2001, DC Comics ran the "Just Imagine" series of titles, which featured Stan Lee's re-imaging of DC Superheroes. To which, Wonder Woman was one of these.

In this Stan Lee version of Wonder Woman, Wondy is not Diana Prince, but Maria Mendoza. Who wields a divine golden staff (empowered by a Sun God) that turns her into Wonder Woman.

I can't honestly say I was really crazy about this reimaging (or really any of the other "Just Imagine" books), but if there was a silver lining, is that the book does feature Jim Lee on cover art, as well as penciling the interiors as well.

Interesting enough experiment, sure. The novelty of Stan Lee dabbling with DC Superheroes was enough to peak some curiosity. Just not enough to really clamor for more.
Comic Film & TV / Re: The Trial of the Incredibl...
Last post by The Joker - Sun, 12 May 2024, 06:11

Other DC Films & TV / Re: Wonder Woman (2017)
Last post by The Laughing Fish - Sun, 12 May 2024, 03:51
Chris Pine on Wonder Woman 3's cancellation:

Quote"I'm stunned that they said no to a billion-dollar franchise and decided to pivot elsewhere," Pine said to Business Insider. "I don't know what the reasoning was behind that; it's above my pay grade, but Wonder Woman is an incredible character; Patty is such a thoughtful director.

In his interview, Pine noted that his character was "dead" and it would've been "ridiculous" to bring him back for a third film.

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/movies/chris-pine-stunned-wonder-woman-115201737.html

Not that financial merit makes an ounce of difference knowing who's in charge of DC Studios at the moment, but from what I read in WW84, I wish Steve Trevor was never brought back under those story circumstances for WW84. If they had to bring him back, a cameo would've been enough. Probably have Diana wish to speak to him and say farewell one more time before moving on.

Quote from: Kamdan on Fri, 26 Apr  2024, 15:16
QuoteI have never seen WW84, but from what I've read this picture was in the film. If that's so then I don't know what Patty Jenkins and Gal Gadot were thinking. They went from talking about how the original plan of Diana leaving humanity behind is supposedly going against the character - to have her do nothing and let the Holocaust happen? It doesn't make any sense.

Absolutely correct. They were totally tone deaf on handling this character with what was established from earlier. Totally embarrassing that someone actually photoshopped that picture. It's so frustrating that they threw away a terrific opportunity to have an immortal character like Diana be the wisest and most seasoned superhero living and fighting through atrocities throughout the 20th century and how certain events could make her hardened towards humanity and how people like Superman and Batman could convince her that people are worth saving. Instead, they got too focused on how glamorous Diana should be that just draws unwanted attention and how a superhero like her suffers because a cab will stop for a man instead of her.

Agreed on all counts. If I remember correctly, you say as somebody who otherwise wasn't a fan of Snyder's vision. The fact you still appreciate the intended arc for Wonder Woman unlike those in charge of the IP - both past and present - goes to show how shallow the management is.