The Kaiju/Monsterverse Thread (Kong & Godzilla)

Started by BatmanFanatic93, Sat, 2 Mar 2013, 02:26

Previous topic - Next topic
Sun, 21 Jul 2013, 14:34 #20 Last Edit: Mon, 22 Jul 2013, 16:30 by The Joker
Looks like they are sticking with the charcoal grey color scheme, if we're going by these images of what Godzilla is supposedly going to look like, but it's unconfirmed.

EDIT: Edwards has said that this is not 100% exactly what he's going to look like in the film.

Comic Con Panel:

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

^ If that's close to the finished design...better than any of the Millennium designs IMO, but he looks overweight.

On an unrelated note - I know there was a maquette like this one at Comic Con of the Heisei Godzilla (or something very close to it). Do you have any good quality pictures of that model, or know where to find some?

Tue, 23 Jul 2013, 12:15 #22 Last Edit: Tue, 23 Jul 2013, 12:27 by The Joker

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Wed, 11 Sep  2013, 12:59

Godzilla 2014?

Looks like it.

http://kaijubattle.blogspot.com/2013/09/is-this-godzilla-2014.html
I'm glad they went the Heisei look for this godzilla however just to nitpick i do miss the ears but who knows may he has them just hidden right?Also what godzilla roar are they gonna use?
You ether die a trilogy or live long enough to see yourself become batman & robin

Has the Godzilla roar changed over the years?

Quote from: GBglide on Thu, 12 Sep  2013, 10:18
Has the Godzilla roar changed over the years?
Like you wouldn't believe it. :P
You ether die a trilogy or live long enough to see yourself become batman & robin

Not sure how long this will remain up, but it's S-P-E-C-T-A-C-U-L-A-R!!!

http://cinema.jeuxactu.com/video-teaser-godzilla-2014-comic-con-trailer-hd-12328.htm

Quote from: The Joker on Sun,  6 Oct  2013, 12:40

Not sure how long this will remain up, but it's S-P-E-C-T-A-C-U-L-A-R!!!

http://cinema.jeuxactu.com/video-teaser-godzilla-2014-comic-con-trailer-hd-12328.htm

That was quite a good teaser. The use of Ligeti's Requiem was a particularly nice touch, though I wish they hadn't ruined it by adding those generic Zimmer-esque percussive thuds. I also wish they'd included some footage of Japan. But still, it looks promising.

It's funny to think it's been almost ten years since the Millennium series ended. It's about time the big guy returned.

Watching the teaser just makes me anticipate the *official* trailer that much more. Given that this was originally shown during the SDCC in 2012, and was very early on during production, this certainly did an effecting job in leading one to believe that we're in for something special when it comes to the upcoming Godzilla reboot.

The rumor right now is that the officially released trailer is coming Nov 3rd.

I certainly hope so!