Nolan's future involvement with the series...

Started by zDBZ, Wed, 17 Jun 2009, 17:57

Previous topic - Next topic
For those who aren't members of Batman-on-Film, it appears that Chris Nolan has not committed to doing a third Batman film, and the wait may be longer than 2012.

http://www.batman-on-film.com/BATMAN3_nolan-far-from-B3_6-16-09.html

This is NOT news that Nolan won't be back; just that he's not on-board yet and he may or may not be doing the next film, no one knows yet.

Quote from: zDBZ on Wed, 17 Jun  2009, 17:57
For those who aren't members of Batman-on-Film, it appears that Chris Nolan has not committed to doing a third Batman film, and the wait may be longer than 2012.

http://www.batman-on-film.com/BATMAN3_nolan-far-from-B3_6-16-09.html

This is NOT news that Nolan won't be back; just that he's not on-board yet and he may or may not be doing the next film, no one knows yet.

Dammit.  That's disappointing if there's any truth in those rumours.  I was hoping for a third film by 2011.  Well, I guess it's time to get out our Burton DVDs in the meantime.  Maybe, Warners can satiate the Batfans by re-releasing Burton's Batman films on DVD/Blue-ray between now and whenever Nolan (or whoever) make the next Batman movie, preferably with lots of new extras!
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

bleh i hope it ain't 2012. i thought it was supposed to be 2011.

think about it - 2012 is 20 years after Returns (better chance of promotion) - bring on the 20th anniversary blu-ray

Wed, 17 Jun 2009, 23:14 #4 Last Edit: Wed, 17 Jun 2009, 23:18 by Dark Knight Detective
Quote from: ral on Wed, 17 Jun  2009, 23:06
think about it - 2012 is 20 years after Returns (better chance of promotion) - bring on the 20th anniversary blu-ray

Mmmmm, I like the sound of that (but I hope that the promotion and the film do not overshadow Returns' anniversary). 8)

Quote from: Dark Knight Detective on Wed, 17 Jun  2009, 23:14

Mmmmm, I like the sound of that (but I hope that the promotion and the film do not overshadow Returns' anniversary). 8)
You definitly know that it will, it will overshadow everything coming out in whatever year it is released, I mean come on after the success of TDK the third film is going to be a huge success either way, the mainstream public (not just us die-hards) are all itchin to see the third film.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

Maybe this belongs on another thread but shouldn't we start petitioning WB for a packed special edition for Returns now?  Even better, let's see if Criterion could do their own version.  It's the kind of film that straddles the divide between blockbuster and art-house that would make sense among Criterion's catologue.

Nolan better bring us at least ONE MORE film. I want to see The Riddler done in live action THE RIGHT WAY. He's my favorite villain. If Nolan, doesn't show, then Bale won't show and then were in the same territory as we were when Batman Forever came out.

Quote from: Darrell Kaiser on Thu, 18 Jun  2009, 02:38
Nolan better bring us at least ONE MORE film. I want to see The Riddler done in live action THE RIGHT WAY. He's my favorite villain. If Nolan, doesn't show, then Bale won't show and then were in the same territory as we were when Batman Forever came out.

Unfortunately, I think you'd be right Darrell.  Let's hope this is all hogwash.

Personally, I 'd love to see Catwoman in a future Nolan film.  Although I love Michelle Pfeiffer's interpretation, I would still like to see a more faithful spin on the character as done by Nolan.  The Riddler would be cool too, and could actually work quite well with Catwoman.  I believe they were associates in Kingdom Come.

as long as they don't use the flight attendent story i want to see a new catwoman too. even i could have come up with a better origin than that! lol.