Best Nolan Opening Bat Logo

Started by The Dark Knight, Thu, 4 Jun 2009, 07:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Which is better?

Batman Begins
The Dark Knight
Liked the ominous feel to TDK, but I prefer "comic-booky immatureness"  and the overall badassness of BB.

Batman begins hands down
you ever dance with the devil on a pale moon light

Didn't vote. Couldn't decide.
Why is there always someone who bring eggs and tomatoes to a speech?

I think Batman Begins, because it was the first "true" Batman film in years. In summer 2005 I was totally different than fall 1992 when I saw the last shots of Batman Returns (it was shown in November where I live, back then there was a "lag" in worldwide film releases), but the chills were the same. The Dark Knight - it was an expectably great sequel.

Well, I'd say TDKR's opening bat logo in terms of the Nolan series was the weakest of the three.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 10 Aug  2012, 02:51Well, I'd say TDKR's opening bat logo in terms of the Nolan series was the weakest of the three.
Not sure I totally agree with that. There was some symbolism tied up in there that fit the setting, tone and basic premise of the film. At present, the only opening that I think is truly weak sauce is BB's opening. The other ones, whether you love those movies or not, are pretty good.

It did tie in with the ice and the whole 'breaking' thing - but I thought it was visually drab in comparison to the others.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Sat, 11 Aug  2012, 01:47
It did tie in with the ice and the whole 'breaking' thing - but I thought it was visually drab in comparison to the others.
Can't knock for having a stylistic preference. And to be fair, it is tough to compete with that stark as hell, silent, giant freaking flame opening of TDK. Anywho, just my two pennies.