Carrey's Riddler

Started by The Dark Knight, Tue, 4 Nov 2008, 07:56

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: riddler on Wed, 31 Dec  2014, 00:02
The truman show is the only time he's ever mixed drama with comedy. Though Bruce Almighty is the best example of him playing a character which he could channel into the riddler (other than Batman Forever) his character had obsessive traits while remaining humorous and did have a vengeful side (he was the protagonist but he did antagonize other characters).

Carrey also mixed comedy and drama in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Man in the Moon and I Love You Philip Morris.
Johnny Gobs got ripped and took a walk off a roof, alright? No big loss.

He'd be my top pick for a new Riddler, to be honest. If we continue on with Affleck's Batman, Carrey's actually still a good age compared to Batman. Age aside, he still looks good and hasn't shown signs of slowing down. I'd like to see him evoke a different characterization, though. Didn't have a problem with him in '95, but that worked for that particular movie. I think we'd all like to see something more of a serious and cerebral Riddler.

It wouldn't be unheard of if he came back; DC has actually listened when fans are receptive to a certain actor. That's how Kevin Conroy explains staying in the role for so long. More similar to this situation is Mark Hamill reprising his role as The Trickster. Not related by continuity, and playing a different mannered character altogether, it's entirely possible that the same could work for Carrey.

^Exactly. I for one think that Carrey would pull off an Arkham-styled Riddler very well. I can see him getting arrogant when he constructs a complicated riddle, only to panic obsessively when Batman puts him in his place.

"No, you cheated! How did you do that?!".
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei