Carrey's Riddler

Started by The Dark Knight, Tue, 4 Nov 2008, 07:56

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Joker on Tue, 24 Mar  2009, 15:38
And I have no doubt Carrey's participation with FOREVER also played a hand in it being such a box office success in 1995.

Absolutely

Correct me if I am wrong, but Burton originally wanted Robin Willaims....... ::)

Was he not a comedian?

Good Morning Vietnam!

Michael Keaton was a comedian as well, but he wasn't cast to play like in Beetljuice ;D

I think that if they chose Robin Williams, they may have done the same thing.

So, I don't think it's Jim's fault. You have to look at his serious films. I still would love Robin to play him too, however. With CatWoman and Penguin being more serious, I would hope he would not have over used his funny side if he ever made 3.
A smiley's impression of Jack Nicholson    8)

Now as Jack's Joker laughing   :D

THe only thing I like about Carrey's Riddler is his Gorshin influence and thats about it.

I have given a name to my pain, and it is BATMAN.

I've always had a thing for Carrey's style, so his Riddler is pretty cool IMO.

IM really excited to see a darker more sadistic Riddler in the possible third film.

Quote from: TheBatMan0887 on Fri,  5 Jun  2009, 19:12
I think that if they chose Robin Williams, they may have done the same thing.

I agree. WB sincerely wanted a lighter approach with the Batman franchise, and Joel delivered just that.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I dont care what anyone says I still enjoy BF for what it is, a fun summer batman film.

Quote from: DarkVengeance on Mon,  8 Jun  2009, 17:59
I dont care what anyone says I still enjoy BF for what it is, a fun summer batman film.

I agree with you 100%, my friend! ;)