Batman 89 live orchestra (different takes?)

Started by eledoremassis02, Mon, 15 Jan 2024, 04:58

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Sun, 10 Mar  2024, 04:54Got the deleted line from Alfred. Haven't seen anyone post a clip of it https://streamable.com/80mbug

Also I noticed the one reporter who asks about Grisson before Knox asks his question was overdubbed in the final version, his real voice is in this concert mix and Alfred calls Vicki by name at the end when she looks at the Batsignal
Thanks for that. I like the silence of Alfred in the Final Cut because this is not a normal meeting. Alfred has facilitated an intrusion and is risking his employment. Her arrival by his side says enough, and once he's done his deed Alfred's out of there. In general I don't have a serious problem with the Bruce/Vicki scene taking place in the cave. It's Alfred's attempt at forcing someone into Bruce's life so he may attain happiness, giving more meaning to the line "I have no wish to fill my few remaining years grieving for the loss of old friends. Or their sons."

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Mon, 11 Mar  2024, 09:10
Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Sun, 10 Mar  2024, 04:54Got the deleted line from Alfred. Haven't seen anyone post a clip of it https://streamable.com/80mbug

Also I noticed the one reporter who asks about Grisson before Knox asks his question was overdubbed in the final version, his real voice is in this concert mix and Alfred calls Vicki by name at the end when she looks at the Batsignal
Thanks for that. I like the silence of Alfred in the Final Cut because this is not a normal meeting. Alfred has facilitated an intrusion and is risking his employment. Her arrival by his side says enough, and once he's done his deed Alfred's out of there. In general I don't have a serious problem with the Bruce/Vicki scene taking place in the cave. It's Alfred's attempt at forcing someone into Bruce's life so he may attain happiness, giving more meaning to the line "I have no wish to fill my few remaining years grieving for the loss of old friends. Or their sons."

I also feel like Vicki figured out Bruce Wayne was Batman, came to the manor and told Alfred and Alfred figured "now that she knows"

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Wed, 13 Mar  2024, 15:53I also feel like Vicki figured out Bruce Wayne was Batman, came to the manor and told Alfred and Alfred figured "now that she knows"
Indeed. The scene with Vicki and Knox studying the old newspapers was the moment it clicked for her. The amazing thing about B89 is how it all came together as if it was meant to be despite any issues they encountered on set or through the script. Having the final Bruce/Vicki conversation outside of the cave wouldn't have had the same gravitas. She met Batman in the cave earlier, and then Bruce in the same location. I like that contrast.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 14 Mar  2024, 10:55
Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Wed, 13 Mar  2024, 15:53I also feel like Vicki figured out Bruce Wayne was Batman, came to the manor and told Alfred and Alfred figured "now that she knows"
Indeed. The scene with Vicki and Knox studying the old newspapers was the moment it clicked for her. The amazing thing about B89 is how it all came together as if it was meant to be despite any issues they encountered on set or through the script. Having the final Bruce/Vicki conversation outside of the cave wouldn't have had the same gravitas. She met Batman in the cave earlier, and then Bruce in the same location. I like that contrast.
This is what I was saying on the recent interview thread. From everything we know about the script constantly changing and shooting during a writers strike, this movie should've been a disaster.