Matrix 4 Coming Soon

Started by thecolorsblend, Tue, 20 Aug 2019, 23:08

Previous topic - Next topic

LOL

"The Matrix Resurrections grossed $40.5 million in the United States and Canada, and $118.7 million in other territories for a worldwide total of $159.2 million against a budget of $190 million."

So the last Matrix movie grossed just $40.5 million in the U.S.? I didn't realize (or simply forgot) it did that bad, but alright. Did "Resurrections" do very well on home media/HBO Max or something? If Matrix had a pretty decent merchandising machine behind it with toys, and shirts (ect) I guess I could somewhat understand the thinking here, but there's really nothing to speak of on that front either. That machine came and went back in 2003.

As for another Matrix? Ehhh ... F it. Why not? lol Despite this being a 'curious' project Warners wants to financially explore, and MR being incredibly dull, it's not something I would be completely uninterested in (damn my nostalgia). The budget sincerely needs to be adjusted though. Severely.

I guess not all hope is lost with Keaton and "Batman Beyond" with Warners after all if something like this is being advanced.  :D

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

I'm also at the point of being okay if the franchise continues without Keanu and Carrie-Anne, if that's what happens. There are many great stories that have been told, and can be told, without them. The Animatrix and comics are proof of that. But at the same time I'm not saying no if they're in the script.

Tue, 9 Apr 2024, 02:42 #122 Last Edit: Tue, 9 Apr 2024, 02:43 by thecolorsblend
Would've popped in sooner but I've been out of town on a work trip for the last week.

Anyway, there's a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth over the lack of Wachowski involvement in this. And, um, am I the only one who remembers people griping for the last twenty years about every single Matrix sequel that's ever been made?

But since we're on the subject anyway, I also seem to recall Star Wars fans getting called "toxic" for objecting to new Star Wars movies being made without George Lucas's involvement.

So, which is it? Do fans have the right to bemoan the original creator(s) choosing not to be involved? Or is it okay for fans to voice concerns and criticisms?

All I'm asking is that whatever standard we choose for this, let's at least make sure it gets applied evenly to everybody, mmkay? If Star Wars fans are evil for reacting like they did, then surely Matrix fans are as well, right? But if those Matrix fans are legit, then I have to wonder what anybody ever had against Star Wars fans.

Will Reeves and Moss return? I have no idea. But it seems to me like both of them need SOMEthing in their careers. I'm not prepared to discount their involvement. But if they refuse to participate, then I would attribute that to loyalty to the Wachowskis.

A film set some time after Revolutions with Laurence Fishburne in the lead role would bring down the house, especially after his absence in film four. Depicting what they tell us about in Ressurections - Morpheus believing the truce will hold but the Oracle saying trouble is brewing. Show his death and the final destruction of Zion, with the establishment of IO. Plus expand upon the Machines that rebelled and joined the humans. They could reference Neo, saying people believe he will return one day. But none of them ever live to see it.

There's potential for a good good movie with that content, and with room to expand from there with new characters while respecting where the canon eventually leads. 60 years is a lot of time to play with. They could keep Resurrections as The End, with Neo and Trinity alive and basically gods who can control the fabric of the Matrix as they see fit. But I'm also open minded about a pure continuation from Resurrections.