What things do you like about the newer Batman material?

Started by eledoremassis02, Mon, 2 Oct 2023, 04:05

Previous topic - Next topic
Mon, 2 Oct 2023, 04:05 Last Edit: Mon, 2 Oct 2023, 04:34 by eledoremassis02
Wrote a big thing about the current state of Burtons Batman but in all honesty I'm kind of tired of the negativity.

So, I think it would be fun to write things we do like, and are glad to see in newer Batman.

For me,

- I'm glad to see nods to Shumachers Batman in the 89 comic.
- I'm glad Keatons Batman still has the movies. I always thought he'd just blow up Bane, but he'd whipe the floor with him
- I'm glad we got to see some form of Robin even though Keatons Batman doesnt really fit with that.
- I'm glad Keatons Batman in the flash doesnt mention robin and his relationship with Barry kind of gives us a hint on how Keaton may have delt with one
- The Flash gave us one of the best live action Batcaves
- Batmans theme has come back to him after being used in Justice League
- There was a sence of love for Keaton and his Batman with Andy Muschietti (even if I didnt agree with all his choiced)
- I am glad Keaton got to play Batman again

As far as those Batman 89 comics go, I do like Drake Winston/Robin. It was nice to see a scrapped idea come to fruition, and he was the best character in those comics. I even liked Harvey Dent's backstory as Two-Face, despite that it took four issues long to get through that journey.

As for The Flash, I'll happily admit the fight scene with Batman versus the Russian guards in the tunnel was the best action scene that the Keaton version has ever had. Quickly paced yet coherent, and nice creative use of the Batarang in action. I even liked how he used his cape as a shield a few times, it brought another clever maneuver to his modern Batsuit. Batcave was cool, and I did like the new version of the Batwing. It's a worthy successor to the original. The Batsuit looks fine, it just looks a bit off in broad daylight. But that's why it's better to keep Batman as a creature of the night, I suppose.

There were multiple variables to appreciate here. I just wish they belonged in much better material. At the end of the day, Keaton's Batman was just a variant. It was never about bringing the Tim Burton version of the character back, unfortunately.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Mon,  2 Oct  2023, 04:05- I'm glad to see nods to Shumachers Batman in the 89 comic.
I'm pleased to see the renewed prominence of Schumacher era in general. Macfarlane Toys are releasing an action figure line with Ivy, Clooney Batman, Batgirl, Robin and Freeze. There's the push for the Forever director's cut, and a bunch of other Forever toys have also been made.

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Mon,  2 Oct  2023, 04:05- I'm glad Keatons Batman still has the movies. I always thought he'd just blow up Bane, but he'd whipe the floor with him
The Flash depicts Batman as a highly competent fighter, but I still wouldn't rule out him going the Nam-Ek route and using explosives to finally bring Bane down. We could believe he had the capacity to destroy the Strongman with his fists but simply opted for the quicker and easier option.

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Mon,  2 Oct  2023, 04:05- I'm glad Keatons Batman in the flash doesnt mention robin and his relationship with Barry kind of gives us a hint on how Keaton may have delt with one
Any canonicity after Batman Returns can be at the viewer's discretion, but I'm now glad The Flash ignored the comics. It doesn't confirm or deny what could have taken place in the preceding years. We just know Batman has been retired for a while and lives alone.

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Mon,  2 Oct  2023, 04:05- The Flash gave us one of the best live action Batcaves
No argument there. When push comes to shove I prefer a natural Batcave with water and rock aesthetics.