Superman (2025)

Started by Travesty, Tue, 27 Jun 2023, 20:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunn incorporating a mosaic of characters into one film doesn't honestly surprise me in the least bit.

That's his schtick.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Remember when Gunn said Cavill wasn't Superman in his script because he said he wanted to write the story about a younger version of the character?

Well, now he's saying he's not really doing a young Superman after all.

This prick is just making stuff up as he goes along.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's writing the script while the strike is still happening. What a scab.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Gotta say, while the prospect of this movie thrills me not one bit, they are assembling a pretty good cast so far. Corenswet, Brosnahan, Hoult and Gisondo are all good choices.

Fri, 19 Jan 2024, 22:46 #14 Last Edit: Sat, 20 Jan 2024, 14:23 by eledoremassis02
Jesse Eisenberg Says His Sundance Jewish Buddy Movie Is 'Not Political' and Gives His Advice to New Lex Luthor Nicholas Hoult: 'Don't Watch Me!'

https://variety.com/2024/film/news/jesse-eisenberg-lex-luthor-advice-nicholas-hoult-superman-legacy-1235878072/

Jesse Eisenberg is officially giving his Lex Luthor advice to Nicholas Hoult, and it's blunt: "Don't watch me!"

During an interview at the Variety Studio presented by Audible while attending the Sundance Film Festival, Eisenberg suggested Hoult should forge his own path and not pay attention to Eisenberg's own work as Lex Luthor in Zack Snyder's DC Universe.

"Whenever you play a role you feel connected to it," Eisenberg added to Variety's Matt Donnelly about playing the DC villain for a short time. "There's no way around it. Any time you do anything, even if it's a movie that's a Hollywood kind of thing, you connect."

I'm really liking the casting so far.

I still think they have way too many characters, but we'll see how it all balances out once the movie releases.

Isn't Guy Gardner supposed to be in the film? Let's see if they manage to cast an actual redhead in the movie.

Quote from: Travesty on Tue, 30 Jan  2024, 16:30I still think they have way too many characters, but we'll see how it all balances out once the movie releases.

The casting seems decent so far, but I'm concerned about the presence of other superheroes like Supergirl and Hawkgirl. We haven't had a proper live action Superman solo movie in over a decade now. I just hope this doesn't turn into some kind of JLA-lite ensemble movie like The Flash did.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue, 30 Jan  2024, 16:49Isn't Guy Gardner supposed to be in the film? Let's see if they manage to cast an actual redhead in the movie.

You know how modern Hollywood DEI trollcasting works. All redheaded characters must henceforth be race swapped. For example, this is how Vicki Vale looked in the Merry Little Batman movie that came out last month.

It's important for all people to 'feel seen' and be represented. Except people with red hair, apparently.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Tue, 30 Jan  2024, 16:49Isn't Guy Gardner supposed to be in the film? Let's see if they manage to cast an actual redhead in the movie.
Yeah, I think it's Superman, Lois, Jimmy Olsen, Lex Luthor, Guy Gardner, Supergirl, The Engineer, Metamorpho, Hawkgirl, Mister Terrific....and I think that's it. lol