*SPOILER THREAD* - The Flash

Started by Paul (ral), Tue, 23 May 2023, 07:01

Previous topic - Next topic
Tue, 23 May 2023, 07:01 Last Edit: Tue, 23 May 2023, 07:05 by Paul (ral)
You know the drill! The Flash film spoilers ONLY. In this thread please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll post this in white just because the film isn't out yet and the film currently screening isn't the final version. Anyway spoilers: one of Batman's deaths (yes plural) is depicted in the newest 'final' trailer. Batman purposefully crashes the batplane into Zod's ship, causing no damage at all.   :( :( :(

Thu, 25 May 2023, 03:03 #2 Last Edit: Thu, 25 May 2023, 05:49 by The Dark Knight
I feel differently about that now. None of it matters. We're dealing with a Frankenstein amalgamation of a world where a Burton themed Batman lives in a distorted Snyderverse in which Kal El was killed as a baby. Whether we see variant Batman dying over and over again or not, the Frankenstein timeline gets wiped at the end anyway. He or that world wouldn't exist. Barry's actions in the finale render the majority of the movie essentially pointless (but not for Barry's own growth or our entertainment)

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 25 May  2023, 03:03
I feel differently about that now. None of it matters. We're dealing with a Frankenstein amalgamation of a world where a Burton themed Batman lives in a distorted Snyderverse in which Kal El was killed as a baby. Whether we see variant Batman dying over and over again or not, the Frankenstein timeline gets wiped at the end anyway. He or that world wouldn't exist. Barry's actions in the finale render the majority of the movie essentially pointless (but not for Barry's own growth or our entertainment)
Well the specifics of time travel are explained by KeatBruce, and I would say it matters. It has been confirmed that both Kara and Bruce are literally refuges from other times. Keaton IS the Burton Bat because Barry's time manipulation drew in the Burtonverse and made an amalgam universe to heal itself. Zod isn't supposed to happen in Burton world and Barry setting things right actually saves those worlds.

The talk has been Keaton plays a variant in this movie, and that's what I've come to accept. But if it truly was THE Burton Batman who was plucked out of his timeline and placed into a new amalgamation, that would hit hard. It would be better. For him, he would only realize what had happened to his universe once he goes outside, because his home is exactly as it should be. Especially if it's THE Burton Batman I'm clinging on to the idea Barry going back in time at the end allows both Batman and Supergirl's deaths to not be confirmed, and they're pushed back to where they belong.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 26 May  2023, 03:26
The talk has been Keaton plays a variant in this movie, and that's what I've come to accept. But if it truly was THE Burton Batman who was plucked out of his timeline and placed into a new amalgamation, that would hit hard. It would be better. For him, he would only realize what had happened to his universe once he goes outside, because his home is exactly as it should be. Especially if it's THE Burton Batman I'm clinging on to the idea Barry going back in time at the end allows both Batman and Supergirl's deaths to not be confirmed, and they're pushed back to where they belong.
I am hoping for that as well.

Quote from: Gotham Knight on Fri, 26 May  2023, 19:06
It should.

As said, my perspective for a while had been 'variant Batman' had always existed in this weird world. He was from it and not just a visitor. Meaning when Barry erases it, that Batman and everything inside it ceases to exist because they had nowhere else to go. But being a refugee would change things. I've since read that there's a point made that it's the amalgamation world that's doomed and cannot be saved, which makes it less about Batman or Supergirl specifically being doomed. Batman and Supergirl keep dying because the other Barry keeps going back just before the desert battle starts. Once that Barry is dead, our Barry has freedom to go way back before that. Not that we will see this on film, but I suspect that neither would remember the events of the film though, and Bruce may be in his long hair and beard mode. But nonetheless alive. I'm super curious about the post credit scenes to see if they give a coda of some sort.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 26 May  2023, 22:42
Quote from: Gotham Knight on Fri, 26 May  2023, 19:06

It should.

As said, my perspective for a while had been 'variant Batman' had always existed in this weird world. He was from it and not just a visitor. Meaning when Barry erases it, that Batman and everything inside it ceases to exist because they had nowhere else to go. But being a refugee would change things. I've since read that there's a point made that it's the amalgamation world that's doomed and cannot be saved, which makes it less about Batman or Supergirl specifically being doomed. Batman and Supergirl keep dying because the other Barry keeps going back just before the desert battle starts. Once that Barry is dead, our Barry has freedom to go way back before that. Not that we will see this on film, but I suspect that neither would remember the events of the film though, and Bruce may be in his long hair and beard mode. But nonetheless alive. I'm super curious about the post credit scenes to see if they give a coda of some sort.

I would be OK with this.

I originally suspected that Batkeats in "The Flash" would be a variant, but the problem is that I don't really believe most of the general audiences who watch this movie will be viewing him as one. They'd more likely view him as the same Batman from B89 and BR. Mainly because most people won't be examining the specifics like a lot of us on this forum, and we live in a post-"Spider-Man: No Way Home" where the audience will be more inclined to see Batkeats as the same guy from the Burton movies. As far as the fates of Batkeats and Supergirl go, I think it might go a long way if, say, when Barry is experiencing his climatic interdimensional scene where other worlds, and the heroes of those worlds, are on full display to him, that we see two separate worlds with images of Batkeats (perhaps using unused/deleted footage) and Supergirl (not back imprisoned, but as a established champion of her earth) represented to him. Indicating that Barry's unintended merging of worlds tampering has indeed been reversed, and the amalgation finally severed. With both the Burtonverse, and Supergirl's worlds fully preserved in the multiverse.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

As per ViewerAnon: "I keep hearing WB is actually holding secrets back on THE FLASH, so the version that has screened early at CinemaCon and for fans is missing surprises that will be there upon release (not just post-credits stuff)"

Supposedly, this theater had a midnight showing for "Batman and Robin" just last weekend.

In regards to "The Flash", that's timely!

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."