Death count in BTAS timeline

Started by The Laughing Fish, Sun, 7 May 2023, 04:48

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm taking into account the main show, MOTP and SubZero where certain characters' fates were left ambiguous at best.

In MOTP, three mobsters were killed: two of them were murdered by Phantasm - Chuckie Sol, Buzz Bronski, and Sal Valestra was murdered by the Joker.

In BTAS, Kyodai Ken most likely committed suicide in the volcanic eruption after his fight with Bruce, Penguin basically killed off the goofy uptight snitch by sending him down the drain in that giant rubber duck in The Mechanic episode. Two-Face's twin henchmen looked like they got whacked and collapse to the ground with their eyes wide open once Rupert Thorne arrives. In Deep Freeze, Grant Walker was given the worst way to go imaginable by being stuck at the bottom of the ocean, dooming him to eternal living death.

In SubZero, Dr. Gregory Belson was crushed to death while desperately trying to make his escape from the exploding oil rig.

MOTP was given more freedom compared to the show, which had to imply deaths had occurred but less overtly. Still, some of these fates I remember during BTAS added to the eerie atmosphere of the show.

Am I missing anyone else who had perished in this timeline?
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I thought Eternal Youth implied that Poison Ivy straight up murdered some people. Ditto House & Garden. But it's been forever since I've seen either of them.

Out of all the deaths I mentioned in MOTP, I forgot the most obvious one: Andrea Beaumont's father. The whole reason she became the Phantasm in the first place.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sun,  7 May  2023, 05:59I thought Eternal Youth implied that Poison Ivy straight up murdered some people. Ditto House & Garden. But it's been forever since I've seen either of them.

I rewatched both episodes. At the end of Eternal Youth, Bruce mentioned the victims who turned into trees were recovering, so it's likely the woman who was attacked at the beginning of the episode had survived too. The ending of House of Garden had Batman saying they had all the clues they needed to create an antidote to cure all of Poison Ivy's victims too. It seems the censors permitted the showrunners to make Poison Ivy as threatening and disturbing as they wanted, as long as they emphasised none of the victims were killed.

With that said, Ivy mixing Dr. Carlyle's DNA with her plant spores in House of Garden makes it a bit murkier. I know Ivy explains that the abominations aren't technically human, but it does tread into horror territory just by thinking about it.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

I just remembered that Vertigo's fall into the river at the end of Off Balance can be added to the death tally, as we never saw him again.