The Batsuit Thread

Started by Silver Nemesis, Tue, 14 Feb 2023, 20:25

Previous topic - Next topic
It's not bad, but I'm not a fan of the gauntlets, and for some reason, I don't like the open nose. I like it on Pattinson's and West's, but I don't like it here, and I wasn't a fan of it with Batfleck in the Nightmare scene of the Snyder Cut. It just looks odd to me.

A new Hot Toys figure of Keatonman gives us a good look at the new suit.

https://www.sideshow.com/collectibles/dc-comics-batman-modern-suit-hot-toys-912377

I like it. As someone who grew up with the 89-97 films, this is the closest we've been to recapturing that suit aesthetic. I put it ahead of the TDK/TDKR suit, the ZSJL tactical suit and probably also Pattinson's. Which aren't bad either, but that's how it goes with rankings.

The shoulder width on the Hot Toys figure is closer to that of the B89 and BR suits than The Flash batsuit. This highlights a criticism I raised in another thread concerning the narrowness of the shoulders and chest on Keaton's new costume. Compare the following images.

To my eyes, the suit on the right clearly looks better. The live action suit more accurately reflects Keaton's real body shape, but the figure looks bulkier and more formidable. It's closer to the shape of the Sonar/Arctic batsuits in the Schumacher movies, which is what I was hoping for.

If the actual costume had been as well proportioned as that figure, it would have been one of the best live action batsuits ever. As it is, I still like it. It looks good. But this figure demonstrates how, with a little tweaking to the chest and shoulders, it could have looked even better. The slightly shorter cape is an improvement too.

But who knows? Maybe the proportions will look closer to this in the finished film.

Yeah, I am interested as well in seeing how Keaton's new batsuit comes off in the finished film as well. A picture is what it is, while the film itself might convey (depending on how Keats is filmed and/or lit for extended scenes and not just quick cuts like we've been getting from trailers and tv spots) a balance that hits the sweet spot the batsuit on the right expresses.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Hot Toys diorama

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Wed, 31 May  2023, 12:26

Hot Toys diorama

Artic suit confrimed. I assume these are subtile nods to the events in the Shumacher films (claw island and Mr. Freeze)

Quote from: The Joker on Wed, 31 May  2023, 12:26

Hot Toys diorama

Hard to be sure from this one pic. But it looks like the two in the rear are the B89 and BR suits.

The gray/blue outfit still intrigues me. Basically, Neil Adams meets Bob Ringwood. Reminds me of the Iron Winch Batman figure from Kenner's Dark Knight Collection.

I love all the different style of Batsuits. I thought that was such a nice little touch.

Quote from: eledoremassis02 on Wed, 31 May  2023, 12:45
Artic suit confrimed. I assume these are subtile nods to the events in the Shumacher films (claw island and Mr. Freeze)
I think so. These suits are probably on screen for a couple of seconds in the actual film but do so much to fill in this Batman's history. The way I interpret the lineup is that the BR suit was worn for a lengthy duration through the 90s before being retired for the new version we see in The Flash. The speciality suits would be worn only when the situation required it. Gotta say it again too - The Flash suit looks good here, toy or not.