Joker: Folie à Deux (2024)

Started by The Joker, Thu, 4 Aug 2022, 23:11

Previous topic - Next topic

New images featuring both Joker and Harley in Folie à Deux.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

It's good to finally see Joker in full makeup. I was getting a bit worried there.  8)

Quote from: Travesty on Thu,  6 Apr  2023, 19:31
It's good to finally see Joker in full makeup. I was getting a bit worried there.  8)

You and me both. haha!

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

In addition to the released images on Valentines Day, Cinematographer Lawrence Sher seems to be downplaying the film being an outright musical. Stating; 'JOKER: FOLIE À DEUX' "isn't a musical per se, it just has music in it." "The music is part of the film and the characters but I don't know if it's a musical. But yes, there is music."

Quote from: The Joker on Thu, 15 Feb  2024, 14:17Stating; 'JOKER: FOLIE À DEUX' "isn't a musical per se, it just has music in it." "The music is part of the film and the characters but I don't know if it's a musical. But yes, there is music."
That's good news for me. I'm still skeptical of the "musical" angle, but I love the first movie so much, I'm still pumped for this.

Oh, and those pics are great. Thanks for sharing.  8)

Music was a prominent part of JOKER with the use of That's Life and other musical montages. Retaining that and fleshing it out into something even more surreal (as the enlarged moon in the images suggests) would be fine with me. I'm sure they're not going to prevent Phoenix or Gaga flex their acting muscles. I'm still optimistic about the movie and can't wait for the trailer.

My anticipation for this movie remains strong.