Injustice: Gods Among Us animated film

Started by The Laughing Fish, Fri, 21 May 2021, 23:34

Previous topic - Next topic
No further details as of yet.

https://sirusgaming.com/2021/05/21/injustice-gods-among-us-animated-movie/

Unless they will be adapting the prequel comic storyline, I don't see the point in adapting the video game itself. I consider it as a DC animated film transformed into an interactive experience, so making an adaptation would be redundant.

But there is a lot to explore in the comic book tie-ins, from Joker murdering Lois and Superman's descent into madness to Batman's devastation over Dick Grayson's death and disowning Damian Wayne as his son. As a prequel film, it could definitely work.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Christopher Nolan: He breaks it in...

Jonathan Nolan: ...the first two.

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

The trailer debuted a few days ago.

And this sneak peak was released a few months ago.

So they're adapting the prequels comics. Smart decision, because as I said before, making an animated remake of the video game would be pointless.

I'll see this eventually, but I won't make it my top priority. My only little nitpick with the animation is all the characters' knuckles have black shadows. It's the same little detail I thought was strange when watching Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpions Revenge, which I otherwise enjoyed.

I'd very surprised if anti-Snyder advocates look forward to this though.
QuoteJonathan Nolan: He [Batman] has this one rule, as the Joker says in The Dark Knight. But he does wind up breaking it. Does he break it in the third film?

Source: http://books.google.com.au/books?id=uwV8rddtKRgC&pg=PR8&dq=But+he+does+wind+up+breaking+it.&hl=en&sa=X&ei

Wow this looks really good. I haven't played the game so I'm not terribly familiar with the story but this is like one of the Alternate Earths right? I'd like to see more done with that concept.

I'm not a fan of pitting Batman against Superman and I'm really not a fan of seeing if we can traumatize Superman into turning evil but that seems to be a favorite thing among other people so, ok, I'll go with it. Especially if it's supposed to be an Alternate Earth (or whatever the term is) instead of like THE Superman. That's how I justified Gotham By Gaslight, that it wasn't THE Jim Gordon they turned into Jack the Ripper even though I still hate that lol.

Quote from: Catwoman on Sun, 12 Sep  2021, 04:04
Wow this looks really good. I haven't played the game so I'm not terribly familiar with the story but this is like one of the Alternate Earths right? I'd like to see more done with that concept.

Yeah, it's similar to the Justice Lords episodes from the JL animated series. The difference is the Justice Lords were all united in forming a dictatorship until the Batman in that universe had a change of heart, whereas division within the Injustice universe escalates over time as Superman's regime are at war with the rebellion led by Batman. In the game, some of the heroes from the parallel JL universe find themselves sucked into the Injustice universe and they help overthrow Superman's regime. Again, very similar to the Justice Lords.

Considering how the recent DC animated features seem determined to change the source material and subvert expectations or something, none of us should be too surprised if Superman never goes bad in this animated film.

Quote from: thecolorsblend on Sun, 12 Sep  2021, 05:23
Considering how the recent DC animated features seem determined to change the source material and subvert expectations or something, none of us should be too surprised if Superman never goes bad in this animated film.

The BTS sneak peak video I shared shows us Superman will definitely go bad. I understand your disappointment in the quality of other animated features (which admittedly I have not seen, probably for the best, going by your feedback), but they will honour Superman's character arc, as you can see in the aforementioned video. Just as well, because without it, Injustice is pointless.

Quote from: The Laughing Fish on Sun, 12 Sep  2021, 05:02
Quote from: Catwoman on Sun, 12 Sep  2021, 04:04

Yeah, it's similar to the Justice Lords episodes from the JL animated series. The difference is the Justice Lords were all united in forming a dictatorship until the Batman in that universe had a change of heart, whereas division within the Injustice universe escalates over time as Superman's regime are at war with the rebellion led by Batman. In the game, some of the heroes from the parallel JL universe find themselves sucked into the Injustice universe and they help overthrow Superman's regime. Again, very similar to the Justice Lords.

That is one of my favorite stories from the original JL series, and I loved the way the Justice Lord Superman's actions affected JLU with the Cadmus arc that was SO freaking good. You watch those episodes and even though you know our Superman isn't going to go bad, he still put me on edge a little.

So this will be fun. :)

Yeah, this won't be holding anything back. It will capture the spirit and brutality of the tie-in comics.

This looks badass. I'd like to see it and be able to enjoy it since I'm no good with fighting games and could just enjoy the story. Trouble with these animated movies (think Hush and Gotham by Gaslight) is the way they want to try to dupe the viewer by f***ing with the storyline, I wonder what will happen here.

I ended up seeing this at a friend's house a month ago.

The animation was very nice, and the best part of the movie. Unfortunately, the rest of the movie was not up to par. It did take a lot of scenes from the comics, but it also made many changes to make the movie standalone, much to the film's detriment. The ending was very contrived compared to the video game, and it doesn't even set up a sequel either. Never mind exploring the multiverse adequately either.

The deaths in this movie were strangely very inconsequential and empty. Nothing emotional about them, they just occur for shock value.

You're better off playing the video games instead. The negative reviews for this Injustice adaptation were justified.