New Animated show coming to HBO Max

Started by Travesty, Wed, 19 May 2021, 14:10

Previous topic - Next topic
Don't know how I missed this. But, welcome back, Catwoman!

Your presence always brightens this place up.  :)

Quote from: GBglide on Mon, 13 Sep  2021, 04:24

Hiya. Are you still doing your Lego Gotham?

I really hope there's some news about this series this week, I kind of hijacked this thread. Whoops.

Quote from: Catwoman on Mon, 13 Sep  2021, 05:04
Quote from: GBglide on Mon, 13 Sep  2021, 04:24

Hiya. Are you still doing your Lego Gotham?

I really hope there's some news about this series this week, I kind of hijacked this thread. Whoops.

I haven't worked much on Lego lately, I've been busy customizing a room for my Batman '89 collection.
https://www.batman-online.com/forum/index.php?topic=4079

If they're going down the grounded, dark road once more like Nolan, I think the aim of the new film and animated series should be introducing more atmosphere. There's no reason why Gotham can't be covered in shadow, drenched in rain and have an aesthetic that is an elevated version of reality. The very early comics did it, and that's what I'm hoping for.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Tue, 14 Sep  2021, 01:20
If they're going down the grounded, dark road once more like Nolan, I think the aim of the new film and animated series should be introducing more atmosphere. There's no reason why Gotham can't be covered in shadow, drenched in rain and have an aesthetic that is an elevated version of reality. The very early comics did it, and that's what I'm hoping for.

I agree totally. To me a rainy late autumn evening feels like the definitive setting for Batman. My fanfics that I never finished always were full of rain or at least a cloud filled sky that blocked out the moon most nights. And the days were always overcast.

Quote from: The Dark Knight on Thu, 20 May  2021, 13:58

Something similar to this would be welcome:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFwOS2R9o_8&feature=emb_title

They just said this was the pitch for Caped Crusader. They also said this is basically a re-imagining of BTAS, and that it'll be a little bit more adult, and do things they couldn't, because of the limitations they had on it.

No new artwork or clips, but they said they're working on it.

Some of their comments have me a little worried. B:TAS already had a mature and sophisticated tone, and it didn't need strong violence or sexual content to appear grownup. Timm also said it's going to be more 'modern' in terms of representation and inclusivity, which suggests the same underlying political ideology that's driving most of DC's other projects right now. Jar Jar Abrams' involvement also does little to inspire confidence.

I'm trying to remain optimistic, but there were a few red flags flown in that panel.

Diversity just means "No white people".

This detail was the only real lowlight from a good selection of Batman media.

Mon, 18 Oct 2021, 03:12 #29 Last Edit: Mon, 18 Oct 2021, 03:22 by Kamdan
Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Sat, 16 Oct  2021, 20:26
Some of their comments have me a little worried. B:TAS already had a mature and sophisticated tone, and it didn't need strong violence or sexual content to appear grownup. Timm also said it's going to be more 'modern' in terms of representation and inclusivity, which suggests the same underlying political ideology that's driving most of DC's other projects right now. Jar Jar Abrams' involvement also does little to inspire confidence.

I'm trying to remain optimistic, but there were a few red flags flown in that panel.
The Animated Series had to go through standards and practices for Saturday morning television despite being initially convinced for prime time television. I trust that they don't want to do something as drastic as the infamous sex scene between Batman and Batgirl in The Killing Joke, but I believe Timm wants to feel free to depict the actions displayed in this piece he did that were forbidden to do on the show.

Abrams and Reeves' job is to provide support for Timm to do what he wants. There wasn't a "name" like that attached to the Animated Series. I don't understand why "representation and inclusivity" are considered to be "red flags" for this series.