Batman: The Long Halloween Part One (2021)

Started by Silver Nemesis, Thu, 1 Apr 2021, 12:17

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Fri,  9 Apr  2021, 23:53
The concern I've got is that the door to new portrayals of the Joker may be closing. In the voiceover world, it seems like a lot of what we've seen is a variation on either Ledger or Hamill.
John DiMaggio was a nice change of pace in Under The Red Hood, which is one of my favorite Batman stories. He sounds serious and intimidating. Elements of brightness to his voice but you can tell he's grittier.

Michael Emerson is one of my favorite actors and was a mighty fine Joker, being cold and calculating. Not phased by anything and in control. A zen like peace about him especially after being comatose for so long.

Anthony Ingruber was John Doe/Joker in the Telltale games. He's underrated. A friendlier, excitable approach that has a sense of frustrated longing about it. Which is perfect for what this portrayal is about: a possessive stalker.

These three Joker performances are one and done but worthwhile. Especially Emerson.

Joaquin Phoenix was playing Arthur Fleck so he didn't change his voice that much. But you see a change in personality. How he pronounced Murray's name in a mockingly playful way. And how he pronounced 'funny' when he said "the same way you decide what's funny or not." It's a general tone of the guy not giving two hoots and just expressing himself in a liberated way. Great stuff.