Superman '78 (2021)

Started by Gotham Knight, Fri, 26 Mar 2021, 20:57

Previous topic - Next topic
Starting this to keep track of a new, six-issue comics series by Robert Venditti and Wilfredo Torres, based on the cinematic world of Richard Donner and Christopher Reeve's Man of Steel.

Okay this is interesting. It seems Superman' 78 will have (possibly as an background Easter egg) its own version of Batman. Looks kinda like Keaton, but note the 70s duds and doo.

I hope it's Easter egg type stuff rather than a build-up to some sort of crossover. I can accept many things. But a Donner Superman crossing over with a Burton Batman has never been high on my list of priorities.

That's definitely Keaton.

Turns out it is a fusion between West and Keaton. It is Easter egg stuff I think. Just an acknowledgement it seems that the Earth-78 has a Batman.

I would be interested in a prequel for Keaton's Wayne. How he amassed all the gear in his arsenal, visiting Japan and the like. The synopsis of the hardcover book states it "collects the first 12 chapters of the Batman '89 digital comics series." Interpret that however you want.

Wed, 26 May 2021, 16:14 #6 Last Edit: Wed, 26 May 2021, 16:27 by Gotham Knight

Nice to see Hackman's Luthor. Not having him would seem wrong IMO. Hope he keeps his hair. Brainiac is to be the new villain. Release schedule has shuffled accordingly.

I'm actually still kind of ecstatic that there is no mistaking Luthor as Hackman.