Recommended B89 Commentaries?

Started by The Joker, Wed, 17 Feb 2021, 03:28

Previous topic - Next topic

I've been in a movie commentary mood as of late, and was wanting to know if any of you know of any Batman 1989 commentary tracks from podcasters or youtube videos that are genuinely worth listening to?

Thus far, I've only listened to two. Tim Burton's commentary for Batman 1989 (of course), and another from Oliver Harper's youtube channel. Which was decent enough.

Any suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Just not in the mood to get into a commentary, where the film is then continually bashed, downplayed, or nitpicked to a annoying degree. I'm sure there are some diamonds in the rough when it comes to this.

"Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humour was provided to console him for what he is."

Quote from: The Joker on Wed, 17 Feb  2021, 03:28

I've been in a movie commentary mood as of late, and was wanting to know if any of you know of any Batman 1989 commentary tracks from podcasters or youtube videos that are genuinely worth listening to?

Thus far, I've only listened to two. Tim Burton's commentary for Batman 1989 (of course), and another from Oliver Harper's youtube channel. Which was decent enough.

Any suggestions/recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Just not in the mood to get into a commentary, where the film is then continually bashed, downplayed, or nitpicked to a annoying degree. I'm sure there are some diamonds in the rough when it comes to this.

Wed, 17 Feb 2021, 05:59 #2 Last Edit: Wed, 17 Feb 2021, 06:00 by BatmanFurst
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed, 17 Feb  2021, 05:05

Some of Smith's complaints in this are really annoying. To the point that it feels like he and Marc are just complaining for the sake of it.

This is my favorite fan commentary for the film.

Quote from: BatmanFurst on Wed, 17 Feb  2021, 05:59
Quote from: thecolorsblend on Wed, 17 Feb  2021, 05:05

Some of Smith's complaints in this are really annoying. To the point that it feels like he and Marc are just complaining for the sake of it.
Smith is a bloviating hack. Nevertheless, OP requested commentaries and I was willing to oblige.

My recommendation is a podcast titled Bat Minute. Each episode focuses on every  minute of the Batman films. This format allows the hosts and different guests on the show to be more elaborate than simply just let the film play out entirely.

https://thebatminute.com/

Quote from: Kamdan on Wed, 17 Feb  2021, 09:17
My recommendation is a podcast titled Bat Minute. Each episode focuses on every  minute of the Batman films. This format allows the hosts and different guests on the show to be more elaborate than simply just let the film play out entirely.

https://thebatminute.com/
Thanks for this, Kamdan. Letting the movie play out and skipping over details is my main complaint with audio commentaries, so I'll definitely give this a listen at some point.