Fighting Style of the Nolan Batman

Started by Silver Nemesis, Thu, 7 Jan 2021, 19:22

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: The Dark Knight on Fri, 14 Jul  2023, 23:19I'm all for it.
Me too. But I'm too lazy to start one.

Anyway, saw MIDR1 in 4DX. First time seeing anything in 4DX, frankly. I enjoyed the novelty of it but I definitely wouldn't want to see movies that way every time.

And yet, it did enhance the experience.

To keep things kind of short, I'll just say that MIDR1 exceeded my expectations. I mean, yes, anything can be better. There were moments of strained believability (I don't think Ethan and Grace would be *THAT* concerned with each other's well being on the train considering what they're trying to do) but 99% of the film fires on all cylinders such that the minor quibbles I could give you don't matter very much.

Until someone starts the MI thread, I think vague language like that should probably cover it for now.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Thu,  7 Jan  2021, 19:22KFM incorporates elements of barroom brawling, and this is clearly evidenced in the Nolan Batman's fighting style. Note that he often allows himself to get hit, then channels his anger into his counterattack. This exemplifies one of the core psychological components of Keysi.

Just rewatched this scene. Aside from lacerating that guy's hand for no good reason, I love how efficient Bale's Batman charges through the fight.

By my count, Batman took out seven guys before finally making his way to Moroni. Now, yes, it's probably impossible for anyone to take out seven guys all at once. But that aside, this is one of the best fights in the entire film. It shows Batman's grit, determination, efficiency and (let's face it) vengeance.

Very impressive.