Fan-made Burton Batman game demo

Started by The Laughing Fish, Sun, 8 Nov 2020, 13:03

Previous topic - Next topic
I don't know if he's on this forum or how to reach out to him. But some props collected by fellow user markrjones1970 ,taken from the Gotham set

Since WB have made the creator take the video down, and we feel they are wrong - I've uploaded the video to the site. (Note: we're not affiliated with Indie Path)

https://www.batman-online.com/news/2021/5/6/fan-made-batman-1989-game-demo-showcased

Quote from: Paul (ral) on Thu,  6 May  2021, 16:20
Since WB have made the creator take the video down, and we feel they are wrong - I've uploaded the video to the site. (Note: we're not affiliated with Indie Path)

Thank You! This work is to good to be hidden from fans.

Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Fri, 30 Apr  2021, 12:30
Isn't it weird to think that this time last year we all thought the Burtonverse was dead? We never dreamt there'd be any kind of meaningful continuation. If someone had visited the site a year ago and told us that twelve months hence we'd be anticipating a fan game like this, plus an official Batman '89 comic and a new live action movie starring Keaton as Batman, would any of us have believed it?

Yeah, over the past couple of years I've really been caught off guard by how many fans the Burton films still have. When the Nolan trilogy was ongoing it felt like everyone was putting the Burtonverse down, but that seems to have changed. It's kinda like what was happening with the 60's series back in the 80's. When the 89 film was coming out younger people seemed to be over the 60's series. However, nowadays it has a strong fan base.

Sun, 9 May 2021, 01:36 #14 Last Edit: Sun, 9 May 2021, 01:37 by The Dark Knight
Quote from: BatmanFurst on Sat,  8 May  2021, 19:12
Quote from: Silver Nemesis on Fri, 30 Apr  2021, 12:30
Isn't it weird to think that this time last year we all thought the Burtonverse was dead? We never dreamt there'd be any kind of meaningful continuation. If someone had visited the site a year ago and told us that twelve months hence we'd be anticipating a fan game like this, plus an official Batman '89 comic and a new live action movie starring Keaton as Batman, would any of us have believed it?

Yeah, over the past couple of years I've really been caught off guard by how many fans the Burton films still have. When the Nolan trilogy was ongoing it felt like everyone was putting the Burtonverse down, but that seems to have changed. It's kinda like what was happening with the 60's series back in the 80's. When the 89 film was coming out younger people seemed to be over the 60's series. However, nowadays it has a strong fan base.
I really enjoy Batman being in a team because he gets to be an even bigger superhero. He has to overcome obstacles that are much stronger than him, and he gets to demonstrate his experience by being a leader. Though it cannot be denied that solo Batman projects like B66, the Burtonverse and the Nolanverse are going to be more engrained into the public psyche than Batman the team man.

And that goes for any character who gets solo films, as demonstrated with Tom Holland. Spider-Man fans are going to cite Homecoming or Far From Home more regularly than the likes of Civil War. That's why the Pattinson movie feels like a special event, and why it holds so much promise to the fanbase. The Batman world gets to fully stretch out and comment on where society and the character finds itself now, just like Burton and Nolan did.

Each generation of fans falls in love with THEIR incarnation because that's their entry point. If people weren't liking the new content the future of the brand would entirely exist in the past. The past content is good, but Batman has always been very much of the present. There will be Pattinson fans as rabid as Nolan's fans were, and that's a good thing. I think the fanbase is broad enough now to sustain preferences.

Here is an interview with the creator.